Dental Insurance: Coverage, Claims and Exclusions
Published On Feb 09, 2021 5:30 AM By Sakshi Aggarwal
Dental insurance is a form of health insurance meant to pay the increasing treatment costs related to dental care. Health plans offering dental insurance assist individuals get coverage for dental care and hospitalisation expenses and medicine costs, etc. The dental treatment is a part of the health insurance policy even if it does not require hospitalisation.
Dental Insurance Coverage
The vast medical expenses that people have to bear in the present times are gradually increasing the requirement for health insurance policies. To offer dental treatments coverage, a few health insurance plans are prepared in such a manner that they comprise definite segments of dental care. These cases can be either preventive or diagnostic, and only a part of the expenses is covered.
Claim Process For Dental Insurance
- Inform the company about the possibility as soon as it happens
- Submit the documents supporting your claim along with the signed and filled claim form
- After this step is done and the insurance company gets the documents, they will begin with the verification procedure of the same
- This will take approximately ten days after which your payment will be released
Documents That You Need To Submit For Claim Process
Listed below are the documents that you need to file claims for dental insurance:
- Policy documents
- Duly filled in claim form
- Discharge summary
- Consultation bill
- Pharmacy bill
- KYC documents
- Original hospital bill
Dental Insurance Exclusions
Listed below are some exclusions under dental insurance plans in India. These cases are not considered for any claims.
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dental Implants
- Upper or Lower jaw bone surgery
- Dental Prosthetics
- Jaw Alignments
Companies In India That Offer Dental Insurance in India
Some of the insurance companies in India that offer this insurance are:
- Bharti AXA General Insurance
- ICICI Prudential Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Chola MS General Insurance
Dental Insurance Benefits
- Coverage is offered in case the damage to teeth is caused by an accident
- Checkups to the dentists on a regular basis and the common treatments, such as scaling of teeth are covered completely
- Other treatments, such as teeth capping, root canal, and teeth whitening are covered partially
- Assured advantages and discounts for major treatments, such as bracing and implants in some policies
It is, therefore, recommended to select dental treatment coverage so you do not finish up paying for expenses on your own or postpone treatment and face huge discomfort later on. With a dental cover by your side, you would be free from concerns of any type and find it simple to pay attention on availing quality dental treatment.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.