Two Wheelers Under 1 Lakh in India
Published On Aug 28, 2020 5:30 AM By Gunjan
Want to purchase a bike under a lakh but confused with all the options? In this article, we have put together a list of the best bikes in this price range to make things easier.
Best bikes under 1 lakh - When it comes to the market of two-wheelers in India, it is filled with excellent two-wheelers. However, sometimes even so many choices could leave you baffled and create trouble while making the purchase of a product by making you think as which one has the best specifications or which one will be best suited to my needs? The occurrence of such questions could make your bike purchase process perplexing and can even delay it.
Therefore, it is recommended to first be clear your on budget, as after that the list of options could be more specified in terms of specifications and purchase becomes easier. Like you may find the engine capacity below 200cc when looking for a two-wheeler below Rs. 1 lakh. Keeping these factors in mind, here is a list of the best bikes in India under Rs. 1 lakh for your consideration.
Best Bikes Under Rs 1 Lakh Price List in India
The following are some of the best bikes in their price range:
|Bike Model||On-Road Price|
|Hero Splendor Plus||Rs.71,065 - 74,930|
|Honda Shine||Rs.79,661 - 84,791|
|Honda Activa 6G||Rs.75,958 - 77,595|
|Hero Passion Pro||Rs.76,835 - 79,258|
|Bajaj Pulsar 125 Neon||Rs.85,080 - 94,098|
5 Best Bikes Under 1 Lakh in India 2020
Below are the specifications of the bikes that fall within 1 lakh budget:
1. Hero Xpulse 200
The Hero Xpulse 200 Bike is one of the best bikes that you can get in your budget. It holds a 199.6cc engine which generates 18.1bhp power and 17.1Nm torque. The bike’s single-cylinder powerful engine delivers an impressive mileage of 40 kmpl and promises exceptional performance. It is also loaded with a high-rise front mudguard, bash plate, fork gaiters, and spoke wheels that makes it a perfect vehicle for long drives. If you are looking for a royal ride, go for this bike which is available at Rs. 97,000.
|Key Specs of XPulse 200|
2. Honda CB Unicorn 150
The Honda CB Unicorn is a bike with excellent features and extraordinary on-road performance. The bike is loaded with a single-channel ABS system and a single-cylinder engine of 149.2cc that can produce a torque of 12.8 Nm and delivers a mileage of 60 kmpl. The engine of the bike comes with a 5-speed transmission. You can get this bike in 3 different colour options namely - grey, red and black. If you are looking for a supreme quality bike, it is a good option to go for at Rs. 72,633.
|Key Specs of CB Unicorn 150|
3. TVS Star City Plus
The TVS Star City Plus is a boon for daily commuters which gives almost everything that a rider desires. It provides exceptional performances with superior characteristics. The bike is equipped with a single-cylinder engine of 109.7cc that functions with a 4-speed manual gearbox to generate 8.08bhp power and 8.7Nm torque and deliver a mileage of up to 85 kmpl. It is available with several useful features such as an LED headlamp, five-step adjustable shock absorber, USB mobile charger, and so on, at just Rs. 62,034. It is a deal you should not overlook.
|Key Specs of TVS Star City Plus|
4. Hero Passion Pro 110
When you are looking for the best vehicle at the best price, the Hero Passion Pro 110 comes up as the best option in two-wheelers. It is available in 4 variants in India, which hits the market with the engine capacity of 109.2cc. It generates 9.02bhp power and 9.79Nm torque and promises to deliver a mileage within a range of 60 kmpl to 84 kmpl. The price of this bike is Rs. 57,100, while its latest model is upgraded with BS-6 standards and offers a refreshed design.
|Key Specs of Passion Pro 110|
5. Bajaj Platina 100
The Bajaj Platina 100 is the most popular commuter bike that has been serving a large section of the nation and suits their daily transport requirements. It comes with an engine capacity between 102cc to 115cc which produces a power of 7.8bhp and 8.34Nm torque. This is a basic bike that tends to deliver a humongous mileage of 90 kmpl. It comes in 2 variants which are distinguished with a difference of electric start and kick start. This lightweight bike of 117.5kg is available at Rs. 40,897 which is perfect for those looking for a low maintenance bike with high performance.
|Key Specs of Bajaj Platina 100|
When purchasing a new bike, do not forget to purchase two-wheeler insurance for it. Insurance provides a layer of protection to the two-wheeler by compensating for damages and also ensures financial stability and peace of mind for the policyholder. In India, there are three main types of bike Insurance based on the coverage they provide:
- Third Party Insurance: This type of insurance provides coverage for third party liabilities in case of a mishap and is compulsory for all two-wheelers riding on Indian roads according to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. If caught without third party insurance you can be fined Rs. 2,000 and/or be imprisoned for up to 3 months. The limit for compensation of property damage for this cover is Rs. 1 lakh.
- Standalone Own-Damage Insurance: This cover provides compensation for own-damages and is not compulsory. Additionally, with the own-damage cover, you can purchase add-on covers and are eligible to receive NCB for claim-free years.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Under this type of plan both own-damage costs and third-party liabilities are covered under a single premium.
Add-On Covers: Additional coverage for the two-wheelers insurance can be bought with these covers. Some of them prove to be extremely handy in moments of crisis. Add-on covers can be bought with standalone own-damage covers and comprehensive plans.
Tips to Keep in Mind While Purchasing a New Bike
Sometimes, people get more confused with more choices. However, even if you have got a list of top 5 bikes, it could feel difficult to choose a bike among the above-mentioned models. Therefore, you must try to know some basic points that you must consider while purchasing a new bike. Below are the tips by following which you could select the most suitable motorcycle for you:
- Finalise Your Budget – The most important point that should be determined while making a purchase is budget. Selecting an amount more than which you will not like to pay will narrow down your options. After this, you will have the list of bikes which you could easily afford and purchase based on their specifications.
- Eliminate What You Do Not Like – Remove the bikes from the list which you do not like either due to its specifications, features, company, and so on. Try to narrow down your list to a lesser number of bikes after which its price and specifications should not be an issue to make its purchase.
- Go Through the Reviews – The very next step should be to go through the reviews of the remaining bike models from authentic and popular automobile websites or social media platforms. By reading the credible user reviews about the bikes of your choice could prove to be a great assistance in the final selection of bikes.
- Test Ride for Selected Bikes – Locate the nearest bike showrooms and take the test ride of your selected bikes, which remains after going through the review. The test ride will give you the real feel of the bike or scooter. After testing 3 to 5 two-wheeler vehicles, you can narrow down your list to 1 or 2 bikes, which you finally like to buy.
If you have limited funds to invest on a two-wheeler purchase, but unable to choose the best for you from a wide range of vehicles, then we have come up with a list of some of the best bikes available in the market within Rs. 1 lakh. You just have to go through the above-mentioned list of bikes along with their specifications and prices to make a prudent decision to buy the most suited bike for you. Hope it will help you find the value for money deal.
Cashless Two Wheeler Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.