Safety Tips to Ride a Bike in Foggy Conditions
Foggy weather conditions might become a reason for some serious road accidents, especially at the time of riding on crowded Indian roads. Also, the chances of getting into an accident doubles, when an individual rides their bike in foggy condition. Therefore, it is extremely important to get your bike insured from a good insurance provider to get financial protection during the time of need. Moreover, apart from insurance cover, one should always take necessary precautionary actions and follow road safety tips to avoid any accident.
As you don’t have to worry about the burning sun or heavy rainfalls, winters are the time to go all adventurous and explore the paths less taken. However, there is one limitation of riding bikes in this pleasant weather, which is foggy weather and less visibility. Foggy weather conditions might become a reason for some serious road accidents, especially at the time of riding on crowded Indian roads. Also, the chances of getting into an accident double, when an individual rides their bike in foggy condition. Therefore, it is extremely important to get your bike insured by a good Bike insurance provider to get financial protection during the time of need. Moreover, apart from insurance cover, one should always take necessary precautionary actions and follow road safety tips to avoid any accident.
Safety Tips While Riding a Bike in Foggy Conditions
To avoid any accident or danger due to low visibility because of foggy weather, it is important to follow the safety tips mentioned below:
- Safe Distance: When you are riding a two-wheeler in foggy conditions, the basic condition that needs to be fulfilled in order to avoid any accidents is to maintain a safe distance from other cars, bikes and other vehicles riding on the roads. This is important as by doing it you can avoid any collision to happen. At the time of riding your bike in fog, you stand at a greater risk of colliding with others as the driver riding their vehicle ahead of you may have to suddenly use their brakes owing to low visibility. Hence, resulting in collisions, so it is extremely important to keep a safe distance while riding a bike in foggy weather.
- Visibility: At the time of riding a bike during fog, visibility is one of the main concerns. Therefore, during such conditions, it is recommended that one should avoid riding a bike or any vehicle whenever possible. However, in case any emergency situation comes and one is required to move out of the house, always ensure that you have safety gears alongside reflective materials to help other riders in spotting you from even a distance.
- Speed: It is extremely important to keep a check on the pace of the bike at the time of riding in foggy weather. It is recommended to slow down the speed of your bike for keeping a better control if suddenly it requires to put sudden brakes. Motorcycles consisting of ABS feature works excellent during the foggy weather.
- Clean Vision: Keep your visor clean in order to maintain proper visibility. In order to ensure highest and proper visibility, it is also recommended to treat it with anti-fogging agents. Additionally, if you are wearing prescription spectacles, then make sure that they do not tint, or reflective as all of it can even further hinder your visibility on the roads.
- Tank-Up: Before beginning your journey in foggy weather, ensure that there is enough fuel in your tank. As in the event that your motorbike runs out of the fuel and you begin your search for a gas station, there are chances that you’ll not be able to spot them due to limited visibility. Therefore, it is better to be prepared in advance than to stay stuck in the middle of night on the roads.
- Ride on the Left Side: Ride your motorcycle on the left side of the lane and at the safe time maintain a safe distance from other vehicles. By doing this, you will not just stay safe but also have enough space for yourself if someone from the back tries to overtake your vehicle.
Apart from following the above mentioned tips to stay safe, it is extremely important to keep your bike in good condition. By doing and following these small tips, you can ensure not just your own safety but the safety of your bike as well. Also, do not panic at the time of an accident and if possible inform your insurance company about the same as soon as possible. Therefore, maintain calm and ride your bike safely during the foggy condition to avoid the chances of accidents.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.