Process of Claiming Bike Insurance At Acko General Insurance
Updated On Jul 26, 2021
ACKO Bike Insurance has a quick and hassle-free online claim settlement process. Read to know more about the process.
Having motor insurance is a legal compulsion for all. Apart from being a compulsion, motor insurance serves other beneficial purposes like incurring expenses due to loss or damage due to an accident, mishap, or theft. Your bikes and cars must be insured for their own damage and third-party liability. There are several plans in the insurance market which cover both own damage and third-party liability in a single policy at affordable rates.
ACKO General Insurance is one such company that provides exclusive and pocket-friendly bike insurance policies. You can purchase or renew your bike insurance policies online and get the policy-related documents at your registered mail ID. Knowing the claim process for your bike insurance policy is equally essential. Without knowing the claim process, you cannot claim the amount after an accident or mishap, which can make you helpless and dependent on others to claim your policy.
About ACKO Bike Insurance
ACKO General Insurance is a modern-day insurer that sells its policies online for the ease of its customers. Founded in 2006, it is a competitive firm that provides different types of insurances at various price ranges. Out of the multi-dimensional products provided by ACKO General Insurance, ACKO Bike Insurance is one of the most widely known products.
ACKO Bike Insurance offers three different types of insurance which include comprehensive plans, third-party liability, and standalone own-damage insurance. The company also offers a wide range of top-up covers to enhance your existing policies at minimum costs. With low rates of premium, quick and hassle-free claim settlement process, and paperless facility, ACKO Bike Insurance is a prominent company. Let us look at some of the standard features of the company:
- The company has a network of 2000+ linked garages to provide quick and feasible service to its policyholders.
- The claim settlement ratio of the firm was 83.91% in the FY 2019-20
- It offers a zero depreciation cover to its customers.
- Third-party covers with coverage of up to Rs. 1 Lakh are offered.
- A personal accident cover of Rs. 15 Lakh is offered to the policyholders.
- 24X7 claim assistance is available.
ACKO Bike Insurance Claim Process
With the support of an efficient team, ACKO Bike Insurance provides quality claim settlement services to its policyholders. You must know the procedure to make a claim so that you can get rid of the legal burden in case of a mishap. Following are the steps to make a cashless claim from ACKO Bike Insurance:
- Inform the insurer about uncertain events like accidents, theft, or any natural disaster.
- You need to provide the necessary details of the event and provide the required documents to the insurer. After verification of which the insurer will provide you with a claim reference number. You must save this number for future references.
- To check the extent of damage, a surveyor will be sent to you by the insurer. You must submit your claim form and policy documents to the surveyor.
- After further verification of the details, your claim will be processed and the expenses will be incurred. For repair, your bike will most probably be sent to one of the network garages of the insurer.
- In case of a reimbursement claim, you can send your bike to your desired garage and submit the payment receipt along with the other documents to the insurer.
Following is the list of document that you must keep handy for a smooth claim settlement process:
- Original repair invoice for the cashless claim process
- Copy of the policy documents
- Duly filled and signed claimed forms
- Driving license of the driver driving the bike at the time of the accident
- For non-cashless claims, repair invoices and payment receipts are necessary.
After purchasing a policy make sure you go through the inclusions and exclusions of your policy, to know the extent of coverage. You must have a sound knowledge of the expenses that will be incurred by your bike insurance policy.
How To File Bike Insurance Claim In India?
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.