Learn Everything About Bike Registration Through RTO And Vahan Portal
Updated On May 19, 2022
Read on to learn more about how to register your new bike and the documentation you'll need.
Table of Contents
Regional Transportation Office (RTO) is a word used to describe a transportation agency. To comply with the Motor Vehicle Act, every owner of a two-wheeler must register their vehicle. Because the RTO regulates all cars in the country, car owners may go to their local RTO and get their vehicle registered after buying it. The RTO inspectors will examine your vehicle, approve it, and provide it with a registration number. The registration process differs for commercial and personal automobiles. RTO registration can be done by either self-registration or through a dealer. You may either have your dealer register your new bike for you or go to a local RTO to do it yourself.
Everything To Know About Bike Registration Through RTO And Vahan Portal
New Bike Registration with RTO & Vahan Portal
Understanding the registration method for your new bike, as well as the registration paperwork that must be filled out and sent with the registration form, is critical. On the Vahan website, you may get the registration form. The RTO forms that must be filed with your registration are listed below:
- Form 20: New vehicle registration application
- Form 21: Certification of Sale
- Form 23: The Certificate of Registration is a document that certifies that an individual
- Form 24: Registration of Motor Vehicles is a form that is used to register motor vehicles.
- Form 29: Notification of the transfer of vehicle ownership
- Form 38A: Inspector's Report
- Form 50: Bill of Lading is a document that is used to document the transportation of goods
- Form 51: Is an insurance certificate
- Form 54: The Accident Information Report is a report that contains information on an accident
- Form 57: Foreign Insurance Certificate
Vehicle Registration Number in India
There are two types of vehicle registration numbers in India. The first is simply temporary, but the second is permanent. Before getting a permanent registration number, the bike owner is granted a one-month temporary registration number. When the RTO issues a permanent vehicle registration number, it means the vehicle's ownership has been verified and the chassis and engine numbers have been utilized to identify it.
New Bike Registration Requires a Document
You must also provide the following papers with your registration form:
- Form 20: Request for a new vehicle registration
- Form21: The sale certificate is provided by the automobile dealership.
- Form22: This is the bike's manufacturer's roadworthiness certificate.
- The PUCC (pollution under control certificate) is a document issued by the bike's dealer.
- A utility bill or an ID with the address inscribed on it can be used as proof of address.
- Until your permanent registration certificate arrives, the RTO will provide you with a temporary registration certificate.
- Form 34: You'll need to fill out Form 34 if you acquired the car using a bank loan.
- It contains details on the bike's hypothecation.
- Form 60: Copy your Pan card on Form 60. If you don't have it, fill it out and send in Form 60.
- Dealer/Manufacturer Invoice: The dealer receives both the manufacturer's and the dealer's purchase invoices.
- The photo should be the size of a passport.
- A copy of your driver's license, passport, or Pan card is required as proof of date of birth.
- The engine and chassis numbers are reproduced from a pencil sketch.
A new bike owner must register the bike with the proper RTO, according to the Motor Vehicle Act of 1988. A two-wheeler insurance policy is just as important as a bike's registration number since it protects the vehicle from unforeseeable incidents that might put the bike owner in financial jeopardy. This material is published in the public interest and is solely intended to provide general information. Readers are recommended to conduct additional research or consult an expert before relying on the contents of the article as definitive in nature.