Frequently Asked Questions On Bike Traffic Rules In India
Updated On Mar 25, 2021
This article sheds light on some of the frequently asked questions on bike traffic rules in India.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions On Bike Traffic Rules in India
- 1. What Reports Should a Driver Convey When Driving?
- 2. Who Is Approved To Gather The Traffic Fine On The Spot?
- 3. Is bike insurance a mandatory requirement in India?
- 4. What Is The Standard for Using a Cell phone?
- 5. What Is The Penalty for Driving Without a permit?
- 6. Is wearing a helmet obligatory for Scooter and Motorcycle riders?
- 7. What Is The Penalty For Driving Affected By Alcohol?
- 8. When can the police confine a bike?
The government has made it mandatory for any person who wants to get a driving licence to be well-versed with the traffic signs. All these rules are still unfamiliar to people. It is essential that all the driving individuals are aware of the general traffic rules. There are a lot of common questions about the traffic rules. Let us get to know them.
Frequently Asked Questions On Bike Traffic Rules in India
Many people have a lot of questions about the traffic rules in India. Here, we will bust a few questions and answer them for you. Have a read.
1. What Reports Should a Driver Convey When Driving?
Driving permit/Registration authentication
Emission Test Certificate
Fitness Certificate and Permit (if there should arise an occurrence of transport bikes)
2. Who Is Approved To Gather The Traffic Fine On The Spot?
Any traffic branch official of or more the position of Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police properly approved with a receipt book.
3. Is bike insurance a mandatory requirement in India?
4. What Is The Standard for Using a Cell phone?
According to area 250 (A) MMVR, r/w 177 M.V. Act, it allows no driver while driving or riding an engine bike (counting bikes) can use a cell phone.
5. What Is The Penalty for Driving Without a permit?
Yes. You will be fined Rs.300
6. Is wearing a helmet obligatory for Scooter and Motorcycle riders?
Indeed. Wearing a helmet is obligatory. They will charge violators U/sec.177 of M.V. Act for which the fine is Rs.100/ -
7. What Is The Penalty For Driving Affected By Alcohol?
If they find you driving affected by alcohol, they will give you a police notice for the appearance in the Court. There is no arrangement of paying the fine on the spot. You won't be permitted to drive except if you have a company who isn't under the impact of alcohol and has a legitimate driving permit.
Police will encourage you to take a taxi to the police station under affirmation till you appear in the court and pay the fine. You’re driving permit will likewise be kept with the police till the removal of the case.
8. When can the police confine a bike?
Police can keep a bike in the accompanying conditions:
Bike being driven by a person without legitimate driving permit
Bike being driven without enlistment
Transport bike being driven without Permit
Bike being driven without installment of Tax
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.