Different Ways To Check Two-Wheeler Policy Status
Published On Mar 19, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
When the policy for a motorbike is purchased, it automatically gets linked to the vehicle’s registration number. Thus, bike insurance online check by utilizing its registration details has been considerably facilitated with several online platforms. Explore different ways to check two-wheeler policy status.
Table of Contents
India has become the biggest market for bikes. Normally, the demand for bike insurance has gone up. With the outsider risk insurance cover being made obligatory legally, driving a bike without an insurance policy or with a lapsed one can place you in lawful inconveniences.
Different Ways To Check Two-Wheeler Insurance Policy Status
Following are a couple of methods:
Check IRDA’s Data Repository
Insurance Information Bureau’s official website and follow simple steps to check two-wheeler insurance status.
Visit the Official Website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
VAHAN, and enter the bike’s registration number and a few other details to check its insurance status.
Check Bike policy Status Online via IIB
Insurance Information Bureau or IIB could even be a web-portal introduced by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India or IRDAI in 2009 to facilitate smooth functioning of India’s insurance sector. Under IIB all information regarding insurance policies issued within the country is collated and made available to policyholders to plug transparency of the entire operation.
Thus, if you're wondering “how to work out bike insurance online”, the only option would be by following a few of the steps through IIB. These are:
- Go browsing to the official website of the Insurance Information Bureau.
- On the house page, under “Quick Links” click on the tab marked V-Seva and it will take you to the page of Accident Vehicle Information Retrieval System.
- Enter mandatory details on the designated fields like owner’s name, address, mobile number, email ID, two-wheeler registration number. Further, if the bike has been involved in an accident recently and you'd wish to trace its insurance details to spice up a claim against it, you'll also need to provide details slightly a bit like the date and place of the accident.
- Enter the captcha that appears and click on “Submit”.
However, using IIB’s portal to figure out a two-wheeler insurance status comes with certain guidelines that you will simply have to be mindful of.
Guidelines for Using IIB Portal to Check Two-Wheeler Insurance Status
- To track a bike’s insurance status, you'd wish to enter its registration number to the IIB portal using no special characters.
- When an insurance company submits policy details to the data repository, the knowledge appears on IIB’s portal after two months. Anyone making an inquiry about the same vehicle’s insurance status on IIB’s portal during this era is getting to cannot hunt it out on the database.
- While submitting a replacement vehicle’s details should tend to the IIB portal. Insurance providers got to only submit the chassis and engine number.
- On this portal, you will find the tiny print of only those bikes whose insurance has been purchased post 1st April 2010.
- You will conduct a maximum of three searches with a selected email ID and mobile number. After three searches, it will restrict you from conducting any more.
Thus, by bearing these few details in mind, you'll easily search a bike’s insurance details through this portal.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.