Why Choose HDFC ERGO Health Insurance?
Published On Jan 11, 2022
Table of Contents
As we prepare to enter 2022, we have a lot of things to learn from 2021, particularly in terms of our health. Omicron, a new variation of Covid-19, has been discovered, and consumers have been warned to be careful once more. The lessons learnt from the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic are not far behind us, so we should be better prepared this time.
As a result, we must take measures because health issues might strike at any time. One of the most important precautions you can take for your health is to get a health insurance policy that covers you for pricey hospitalisation and treatment fees in the event of an emergency. To find out more about HDFC ERGO Health Insurance, read on.
Key Features Of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Following are the listed features of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance -
- Renewability - The insurance plan allows for everlasting renewal through a simple and quick approach. It assists you in medical crises and keeps you financially stress-free so that you can handle any challenging scenario with peace of mind.
- Pre And Post Hospitalization Cover - HDFC Ergo's health insurance policies cover pre-hospitalisation charges for up to 60 days and post-hospitalisation expenses for up to 90 days.
- Network Hospitals - The HDFC Ergo insurance business provides cashless hospitalisation. Under this option, the insurance company directly compensates any medical expenditures received during treatment at a network hospital, preventing a financial load on your wallet during tough times. The insurance firm has over 10,000 network hospitals registered with them to provide emergency hospitalisation to the insured in times of need.
- Health Check Ups - The costs of a health check-up can be recovered if a policyholder successfully completes four claim-free years.
COVID-19 Coverage Under HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Under their various health insurance policies, HDFC Ergo covers hospitalisation expenditures incurred as a result of COVID-19 therapy, according to the terms and circumstances indicated in the policy agreement. The insurance company covers both pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation charges. However, before you can collect compensation for COVID-19 therapy, you must first go through a 30-day waiting period, following which you can receive compensation for in-patient treatment expenditures, pre-hospitalisation expenses, post-hospitalisation expenses, and so on.
Claim Process Under HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
A Health Insurance claim is the procedure through which a policyholder asks the insurer to reimburse them for expenditures incurred during a medical emergency, illness, or accident. A health insurance claim can be resolved in two ways - cashless or by compensation.
Why Purchase HDFC ERGO Health Insurance?
Following are the listed reasons for anyone to purchase HDFC ERGO Health Insurance -
- Homecare Treatment - If you and your family members wish to get healthcare from the comfort of your own home, HDFC Ergo's health plans can help you get the greatest medical care while also providing home care coverage. HDFC Ergo health insurance also provides cashless home care services to policyholders.
- No Age Restrictions - If you are 18 years of age or older, you are eligible to purchase a health insurance plan from HDFC Ergo without any restrictions. They give health insurance to people of all ages through their health plans.
- AYUSH Benefit - HDFC Ergo health insurance products cover hospitalisation and AYUSH treatment costs. If you have any older persons in your household, it is a good idea to incorporate AYUSH in your health strategy. This is due to the fact that it is one of the greatest types of alternative treatment accessible for older individuals who are often afflicted with pre-existing illnesses.
- Easy Payment Options - HDFC Ergo health insurance products may be obtained by paying the premium amount in instalments. When a person does not have a direct income but want to obtain a health insurance policy, this alternative may be advantageous.
The regular HDFC Ergo health insurance policy does not provide coverage outside of the country's borders. One can, however, obtain worldwide coverage by adding an optional Global Cover rider to their health insurance policy. By adding this coverage to a standard health insurance policy, a policyholder can have coverage even if they go outside of the country.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.