What Is Super Top Up Health Insurance
Updated On Jul 12, 2022
Table of Contents
- FAQs on Super Top-up Health Insurance Policies
- What is the difference between Mediclaim and Super top-Up policy ?
- Why should I take the Super top-up policy when I already have a Mediclaim Policy ?
- How Super top-up policy is more beneficial than general Top up policy?
- If I have a floater mediclaim policy then how will the super top up policy pay the claim ?
- If I have an Individual mediclaim policy then how will the super top up policy respond ?
- Who can be covered under the Super Top Up Policy ?
- Who all from my family members can be covered under the Super Top UP policy?
- What is the maximum age to be covered in the policy?
- What is a base policy you are referring to?
- How to select Sum-Insured under super top up policy?
Super Top Up policy is a Family Floater Policy which offers you coverage of Mediclaim above your chosen deductible limit along with extraordinary features. It offers you financial relaxation in the event when your hospitalisation claim bill crosses your sum insured under any other Mediclaim policy. Thus it acts as cushion & comes in to action when you have exhausted the chosen limit.
FAQs on Super Top-up Health Insurance Policies
Here's all the questions answered about a super top up health insurance plan:
What is the difference between Mediclaim and Super top-Up policy ?
A Mediclaim policy pays the claim from Rs. 1/- till maximum Sum Insured under your base policy. Whereas Super top-up policy covers hospitalization expenses beyond the chosen Deductible limit. The deductible limit is chosen by you. In other words it is a Mediclaim policy which triggers after a certain pre-decided limit of expense has crossed. Further mediclaim and super top up policy can work along with one another. That is, if you have a mediclaim you can also purchase a super top up policy to get an enhanced cover. Even if you do not have a mediclaim policy you can opt for Super Top up Policy.
Why should I take the Super top-up policy when I already have a Mediclaim Policy ?
1) It increases your sum insured at very reasonable premium
2) No capping, No Co-Pay, Just 1 Month waiting period.
3) Pre-existing diseases are also covered from Day One.
4) Opportunity to avoid heavy deductions due to Room Rent limits.
5) Super Top Up plan is the cheapest super top up plan available in the market.
6) For higher age person above 55 years of age it is very difficult to increase the sum insured under
your mediclaim policy hence super top up policy is advisable where you can top up your mediclaim sum insured
by Rs. 15 lakh up to 80 years of age.
7) For major surgeries like Replacement of Organ like Kidney Transplant, heart transplant where the claim
cost crosses Rs. 20 Lakh this Super top Up policy can only cover such expenses.
How Super top-up policy is more beneficial than general Top up policy?
Whenever any hospitalization exceeds your base policy sum insured then claim is payable under top up policy. It is a rare incident that a single hospitalisation can arise where the total hospitalisation bill will cross Rs. 5 lakh or deductible selected by you. Whereas under Super Top Up Policy aggregate of all claims made by your family members once crosses the base policy sum insured then your super top policy will start making the claim payment.
If I have a floater mediclaim policy then how will the super top up policy pay the claim ?
In floater Mediclaim policy the base sum insured will be for all the members of the family. Hence either the claim amount should exceed the deductible amount or sum insured should be exhausted for super top up policy to respond. Under floater policy claims of one or more members of the family or one or more claims of one of the family members should exceed the deductible amount chosen under super top up sum insured.
If I have an Individual mediclaim policy then how will the super top up policy respond ?
In individual Mediclaim policy every family member will have his own sum insured under base policy. Hence for super top up policy to respond to his claim amount should cross the deductible limit under super top up policy.
His / her other family members sum insured still remaining balance under base policy.
Who can be covered under the Super Top Up Policy ?
All Members of ICSI can get covered under Super top up policy.
Who all from my family members can be covered under the Super Top UP policy?
Your entire family can be covered under the policy maximum up to 4 members. Your self & Spouse upto the age of 80 Years ( or the maximum age as per policy terms), 2 dependent Children up to the age of 25 years ( Or the maximum age as per policy terms) of age can be covered under the policy.
What is the maximum age to be covered in the policy?
Maximum age is as per the terms and conditions of the Master policy. However, Once they join, they will be covered life long on renewal of policies.
What is a base policy you are referring to?
Base policy is your Mediclaim policy. It can be your Mediclaim Policy, Individual Mediclaim policy or a Family Floater Mediclaim policy. It can also be your group Mediclaim policy offered by your employer. The sum insured under your base policy is base policy sum insured.
How to select Sum-Insured under super top up policy?
Higher the better. You can select a sum insured from Rs. 5 Lakhs, Rs. 10 Lakhs & Rs. 15 Lakhs option. However it is better you select Rs. 15 lakhs as sum insured to maximize your Coverage over and above your Base Policy.
A super top-up health plan can be the ultimate backup in case you exhaust all your insurance coverage. A super top-up plan covers the total hospital bills up to the limit specified in the plan above the deductible amount. Once the deductible is paid, the super top-up policy becomes active for subsequent claims.