Should The Occurrence Of The Omicron Variant In India Cause Concern
Updated On Apr 15, 2022
Table of Contents
Numerous countries are experiencing a spike in cases caused by the Omicron BA.2 Sub Variant, and the World Health Organization is also concerned with it. Taking precautions for Omicron BA.2 Subvariant in India is essential due to the high levels of transferability. Genomes from the Philippines have shown the presence of the new sub-variant for the first time as of November 2021. SARS-CoV-2 has now been identified in more than 40 countries worldwide.
But as opposed to BA.1, which possessed a spike deletion (H69/V70) that made it easier to track, BA.2 lacks this mutation. PCR testing cannot quickly distinguish between other COVID-19 variants and Omicron. Genomic sequencing is, therefore, necessary for monitoring.
Omicron BA.2 Variant Symptoms
Whether the subvariant causes more severe symptoms or illness is not yet known. However, there are no indications that it does. In a news briefing health officials reported that while the BA.2 variant is more contagious, there is no evidence that it affects hospitalizations or deaths. Infections tend to cause more deaths and hospitalizations than Covid-19.
- Fever and body aches have been reported in people with Omicron BA2.
- The SpO2 level drops as well in severe cases.
- Omicron BA2 symptoms include taste loss.
- In the age group of 20-50 years, significant severity is not expected.
- Delta and Omicron Cases are being eclipsed by BA2 Variant rapidly.
- A BA2 variant’s symptoms are similar to those of Omicron.
Omicron BA.2 Variant Severity
The subvariant is more contagious than the omicron strain, which had already been the most transmissible variant to date. According to preliminary research, the subvariant may have even higher transmission rates than the omicron strain.
Researchers have observed an increase in BA.2 in many regions despite the prevalence of the original omicron strain. According to Dr. Stuart Ray, an associate professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University, the new outbreaks are not anomalies. “This implies that BA.2 may be dislodging BA.1 like it is competing,” he said. It is unclear whether BA.2 could increase cases in the U.S. similarly to Denmark.
Omicron BA.2 Variant Precautions
- When engaging, always cover your face and nose.
- Be sure to distance yourself from public places as well.
- Thirdly, make sure you consume immunity-boosting fruits and vegetables.
- Stay at Home as much as possible.
- To acquire antibodies, you should get both vaccine doses.
Omicron BA.2 Variant Mutation
- There has been an increase in BA.2 Omicron SUb Variant cases reported by WHO (World Health Organization).
- India, Denmark, and the Philippines are significant countries experiencing this.
- In the last 15-20 days, more than 50% of cases have been discovered with a BA2 variant.
- People are getting infected, and cases increase due to its high transferability.
- Last but not least, take precautions against the BA.2 Variant.
You must get yourself tested with the RTPCR Test if you experience any of the Omicron BA.2 Variant symptoms. In addition, you can take multivitamins and foods that are immune-boosting to increase your ability to make antibodies. Always consult your physician before taking any generic medication. In case of difficulty breathing or oxygen intake, you must undergo testing. This post concludes our detailed analysis on BA.2 Omicron Variant, which includes precautions to be taken.