Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
Published On Jul 14, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
The claim settlement process is as crucial as the buying or renewing of a health insurance policy. You can avail all the benefits of your health insurance policy, only when you claim your policy at the right time. Many times people get confused with the requirement of the documents that must be attached with the claim form for processing your claim request. Therefore, you must be clear with the claim process of your purchased health insurance policy right from the date of purchase of the policy as you might have to claim it anytime because of the uncertainties in life. A claim made on time bears the fruits and makes your investment in health insurance a worthy one.
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is a popular product of Royal Sundaram General Insurance, which is the first private sector general insurance company in India. The health insurance plans by the company are comprehensive and can be customized according to the needs of the policyholders. With the help of innovative technology and the aim to deliver quality services to its customers, the company has been effectively competing in the insurance market. The health insurance covers by this company can cover both the individuals and the family. The specially customized policies by the company are meant to protect individuals against any medical expenses at an affordable price.
About Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance is one of the leading insurers in India and has been providing its services to meet the needs of all sections of the society at an effective cost. This simple and specific company has an easy and hassle-free claim settlement process for its policyholders which enhances the overall claiming experience of the individuals. Let us look at some of the important features of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
- The company had a claim settlement ratio of 81.50% in FY 2019-20.
- It provides lifelong renewability of the health insurance policies without any age limit which ensures the connection between the insurer and the policyholder.
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance has a network of 5,000+ linked hospitals that provide cashless treatments to its policyholders.
Claim Settlement Process of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance
Royal Sundaram Health Insurance offers two types of claims to its policyholders. One of which is the cashless claim settlement and the other being the reimbursement claim settlement process. Both types of claim settlement processes have their own set of pros and cons. It is your choice to make a certain type of claim in case of an emergency. Let us look at the steps involved in making a claim at Royal Sundaram Health Insurance:
1. The Cashless Claim Settlement Process
To seek cashless treatment from the insurer, you must get hospitalized and seek treatment in one of the network hospitals of the insurer. Royal Sundaram Health Insurance has a network of 5000+ linked hospitals which makes it more accessible in case of an emergency. The steps involved to make such a claim are:
- Get admitted to a network hospital of the insurer and intimate the insurer about your condition as soon as possible.
- You must produce your health ID card at the hospital desk to seek a cashless treatment.
Then, you have to fill a pre-authorization form for the claim process and submit it to the insurer after attaching the necessary documents.
- Once your documents and details are verified, your claim request will be processed and accepted. The medical dues will be cleared directly to the hospital by the insurer without involving a third party.
2. Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
This type of claim can be made when you seek treatment in a hospital of your choice. Steps involved to make such a claim are:
- Get admitted to any hospital of your choice and inform the insurer about the hospitalization.
- Seek your treatment and clear the medical dues at the hospital.
- Collect all the documents after your discharge like the discharge papers, receipts, invoices, prescriptions, and consultations.
- Submit all the above documents with the claim settlement form to the insurer.
- Once your documents and details are verified, the amount will be transferred to your bank account.
The list of documents required at the time of making a claim can be either collected from the insurer or can be looked for online. You must keep the documents ready in advance if it is a planned hospitalization. Based on the inclusions and exclusions of your health insurance policy, the claim request will be processed.
Also Read: Features And Benefits of Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance - A Holistic Plan
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.