Is Universal Sompo Health Insurance Good
Updated On Jul 20, 2022
Table of Contents
Universal Sompo Health Insurance for families is designed to provide comprehensive medical coverage to the entire family. This family health insurance plan by Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited covers all the members of a family under a floater sum insured basis without the need for buying individual policies for everyone.
Key Benefits of Universal Sompo Health Insurance for Family
Given below are the key benefits of Universal Sompo Health Insurance for family:
- Multiple sum insured options available ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 10 lakh
- 10% cumulative bonus granted up to 50% for every claim-free year
- Health check-up facilities offered on claim-free renewals
- Wide range of value-added services available, including second opinion and teleconsultation
- No pre-policy medical check-up for people up to 55 years
- 5% discount on the premium on opting for treatment at tiered hospitals
- Restoration of the sum insured in case of exhaustion
- 5% & 7.5% discount on buying a policy of 2 years or 3 years tenure respectively
- Savings on the premium of Rs 110 on buying the policy electronically
Eligibility for Universal Sompo Complete Healthcare Insurance
People who wish to enroll themselves in Universal Sompo Complete Healthcare Insurance must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The maximum entry age for this policy is capped at 70 years.
- The proposer of this policy must be an adult.
- Dependent children can be covered from their 91st day of birth. In floater covers, dependent children are covered from the very first day of birth.
- Unmarried/unemployed dependents can be covered up to the age of 25.
- This policy offers a lifelong renewability option once entered.
Inclusions of Universal Sompo Health Insurance for Family
The following coverage is offered under Universal Sompo Health Insurance for family:
- In-patient Treatment
- Day Care Procedures
- Domiciliary Hospitalization
- Pre-hospitalization Expenses
- Post-hospitalization Expenses
- Organ Donor Cover
- Ambulance Charges
- Dental Treatment in Case of Accidents
- AYUSH Benefit
- Daily Cash for Accompanying an Insured Child
- Animal Bite Vaccination
- Outpatient Treatment
- Convalescence Benefit
- Maternity and Childcare Benefit
- HIV AIDS Cover
- Personal Accident Cover
- Critical Illness Cover
- Hospital Daily Cash
- Treatment in Tiered Hospitals
Exclusions of Universal Sompo Health Insurance for Family
Universal Sompo Health Insurance excludes the following coverage:
- Treatment taken outside India
- Maternity Expenses
- Obesity & weight control treatment
- Refractive error
- Treatment for alcohol addiction or drug abuse
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery
- Sterility and infertility treatment
Depending on the type of policy you choose to buy from Universal Sompo, you will be offered the coverage. But, before buying Universal Sompo health insurance online make sure that you have grasped the grounds of coverage as well as the exclusions. Also check the Universal Sompo health insurance claim ratio. It is also advisable to compare various health insurance plans with different insurance providers to avail the best mediclaim policy.