Is Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Good?
Published On Jul 17, 2022
Table of Contents
One of the oldest and most popular names in the Indian health insurance domain, Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance has some of the best mediclaim policies on offer. The company is known for its affordable plans that pack in huge and comprehensive covers. When you buy a Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policy, you rest assured of having wholesome medical insurance coverage for yourself as well as your family. The company offers other benefits such as more than 6,500 network hospitals, lifelong renewability, etc.
Benefits of the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plan
Here are some of the benefits you get when you invest in a medical insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz:
- Bajaj Allianz offers economical health insurance plans that people from all walks of life can afford. The plans are very comprehensive and so you get well-rounded protection when insured
- Most of the family floater plans don't require people under the age of 45 to undergo pre-policy medical tests
- The plans are easily available online. Bajaj Allianz has a very good online presence and so, apart from buying health insurance online, renewing the plans, making claims, checking the status, etc becomes easy and convenient for the customers
- The company offers maternity and newborn care under many of its family health insurance plans
- Bajaj Allianz holds the record for settling claims at the highest speed among all Indian health insurance companies. The company also has a very high claim settlement ratio of over 93%
- No-claim bonus is available to those policyholders who do not make any claim in an entire policy year. The claim is available as a discount on the following year’s health insurance premium amount
- Apart from the built-in covers, every policyholder has the option of adding riders or add-on covers to the base health insurance plan
- More than 6,500 hospitals around the country have tied up with the company and are listed as Bajaj Allianz’s network hospitals, making it easy for you to find a hospital of your choice without much hassle
Covers Available Under the Bajaj Allianz Plans
Take a look at some of the covers you get when you buy health insurance from Bajaj Allianz:
- Hospital Expenses - All the expenses incurred for inpatient care such as the charges of the doctors and surgeons, the pharmacy bills, the cost of the diagnostic tests, the charge of surgery and so on are covered under the comprehensive Bajaj Allianz health insurance plans
- Post and pre-hospital Expenses - All the expenses related to pre and post-hospitalisation, for periods such as 60 days before and 90 days after the hospital stay are covered under a majority of the health plans offered by this insurer
- Domiciliary Care - If you require home health care, i.e. you require professional health care services at home, you can make a claim under the domiciliary charges overhead
- Daycare Procedures - Many procedures, such as cataract operation, angioplasty and chemotherapy are covered under the exhaustive list of daycare procedures listed by Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Maternity Cover - Maternity health insurance is available from Bajaj Allianz. Many of the family floater mediclaim plans offer maternity coverage. However, there is a waiting period associated with this, so you need to read the policy wordings carefully to understand when you can make a claim for the same
- Ambulance Expenses - Whether the patient needs to be rushed to the hospital in an emergency or because he is simply too weak to move, an ambulance proves to be extremely helpful. Buy a Bajaj Allianz health plan and get compensated for the ambulance charges as and when needed
- Cost of Alternative Treatments - Many alternative treatments, such as Ayush and Homeopathy are preferred by many people these days. Bajaj Allianz offers coverage for alternative treatments, along with the regular allopathic treatments
- Daily Cash Benefit - Under this benefit, you can avail of a specific amount of allowance that comes in very handy to deal with everyday expenses. This can also be used for paying for the accommodation of the patient’s attendant
- New Born Baby Cover - Depending on the opted plan, with or without the maternity benefits, you can take a cover for your newborn baby. The expenses and treatments, subject to the policy terms, will be covered
- Convalesce Benefit - Bajaj Health Insurance offers you a fantastic feature called convalesce benefit. Under this, in case you are hospitalised for 10 days or more, you become eligible for a benefit of INR 5,000 yearly
- Organ Donor Expenses - Bajaj Allianz appreciates the noble donation of an organ. Most health plans cover the treatment expenses related to organ donation.
Get these amazing covers and benefits when you buy a health insurance policy from Bajaj Allianz.
What are the Exclusions?
Now, let us take a look at some of the common exclusions listed under the Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance policies:
- Any expenses related to dental problems
- Any expenses related to cosmetic surgeries or procedures
- Injuries resulting from substance abuse, including accidents taking place due to drunken driving
- Complications resulting from a suicide attempt or any other type of self-inflicted injury
- Any costs incurred due to the treatment of sexually transmitted disease or HIV/AIDS
- Any pre-existing condition
- Any health insurance claim made within the first month of buying the plan will not be entertained
- Hereditary ailments
- Injuries or ailments resulting from war injuries, nuclear weapons, or any other man-made disaster
Bajaj Allianz is one of the top-rated general insurance companies in India. The health plans offered by this company is of the highest quality. The plans are priced very reasonably as well. The insurer has won numerous awards and accolades. Bajaj Allianz is also known for the swiftness with which it settles the claims, which is considered to be the best in the country. When you buy a health plan from Bajaj Allianz, you are assured of getting a very good health insurance cover for your entire family and, of course, for yourself too.
Also read: How To Claim Edelweiss Health insurance