Health insurance for various stages of life
Published On Apr 18, 2022 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Different phases of life necessitate different approaches when it comes to selecting the best health insurance coverage for you. In the event of a scheduled or unanticipated hospitalisation, having appropriate health insurance coverage is always a flexible answer. As you progress through life, health insurance coverage that was adequate in the past may no longer be enough. What can you do to keep yourself and your family safe at all times? Continue reading to discover more about health insurance policies for different phases of life and how they may help you stay covered against hospitalization-related expenditures.
Plans for Health Insurance at Various Life Stages
At every stage of your life, having a decent health insurance plan with the correct coverage will protect you from financial losses and help you avoid the unwelcome financial stress of excessive healthcare bills. Here are the several periods of life and the accompanying health insurance plans that you should think about purchasing for yourself and your family:
1. During your twenties (when you are single, young, and full of life)
Independent Health Insurance: When you acquire your first job, you should look into having independent health insurance coverage. Independent health insurance coverage is developed specifically for young and unmarried people. This coverage covers all types of medical emergencies as well as treatments for accidents and disorders. Furthermore, this coverage covers various medical expenses (like dental cover).
- Group Health Insurance: In your twenties, you should prioritize your job. Group health insurance may be the best option for you if you work for a corporation or have your own start-up. This type of policy protects employees, increases employee retention, and improves the company's reputation.This group health insurance coverage will no longer cover the employee once he or she quits the firm. Young people desire to acquire health insurance online in order to save money on taxes.
2. During The 30s
You've already married and wish to have your own family at this point. Instead of focusing on your own particular health needs, choose economical health insurance policies for your family members. You may now obtain insurance policies such as,
- Family Floater Insurance Plans: As your family expands, this insurance becomes increasingly important. Your entire family will be insured under one single insurance. Your spouse, dependent children, and parents/in-laws may all be covered. Although you could get a separate health insurance coverage for each member, it would be prohibitively expensive. As a result, the finest family health insurance policy in India is a family floater insurance plan.
- Maternity Health Insurance: This coverage is available as an add-on to your current health insurance policy. This type of coverage covers all medical expenses throughout the gestation, childbirth, and postnatal stages. This policy should be considered by married couples who are planning to have children. This insurance has a 2- to 4-year waiting period.
3. During the 40s
- Critical Illness Policy: As you become older, you become more susceptible to numerous illnesses, even if you eat well and exercise often. You should prioritise frequent health check-ups and other preventative actions during this time. Even a slight bone fracture might cost you Rs 4-5 lakhs if you are not fully insured. People in their forties and fifties should think about critical illness policies. Critical illness insurance is specifically designed to cover some dangerous diseases after they have been discovered.
4. During the 50s, 60s, and beyond
At this point, your children are mature and self-sufficient, and they make their own plans. This is the moment to abandon the family insurance plan in favor of the finest individual health insurance plan that provides personalized benefits based on your health needs.
- Plans for senior citizens' health insurance: This plan is suitable for people over the age of 60. As you get older, you'll require more health screenings and treatments. This coverage will cover the expenses of medications, hospitalization (accidents and diseases), pre-and post-hospitalization charges, and treatment fees. With this coverage, you may rest and not worry about financial obligations. Instead of a single-year renewal policy, choose a policy that provides coverage for at least 3-5 years at a time.
Health insurance coverage would undoubtedly make your trip through life more pleasant and comfortable at various phases. Choose the finest health insurance plans that connect with your wants after examining your requirements at various periods of life. This will guarantee that you are sufficiently insured at all stages of your life and that there are no financial hiccups.
Also read - What Can You Do To Make Your Current Health Insurance Plan Better?