Features of Edelweiss Health Insurance Plans Explained
Published On Jun 16, 2021 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
With the growing medical inflation and diseases, health insurance has become an essential part of our investments. People often purchase health insurance for the sake of purchasing or to incur the tax benefits. In the long run, these types of health insurance policies are a liability and do not turn out to be useful for the policyholder, as a result of which the individual has to pay the expenses from their pocket, which might lead to a debt trap.
Edelweiss Health Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance company which is known to provide affordable and effective health insurance policies to its customer in three different variants, according to their budget or pre-existing conditions. Edelweiss Health Insurance policies cover large benefits like pre and post-hospitalization charges, cancer treatments, etc. These policies are designed for different audiences to meet their expectations while buying a health insurance policy.
Edelweiss Health Insurance
Edelweiss Health Insurance, like any other insurance company, has its own set of covers and plans that it designs specifically for a group of people. Let us look at some of the features of the Edelweiss Health Insurance company:
- The Edelweiss Health Insurance company has a claim settlement ratio of 85.57% in FY20
- The company offers lifelong renewability to its policyholders.
- It offers a waiting period of 4 years to its customers.
Features of Edelweiss Health Insurance Policies
Edelweiss Health Insurance policies come in three different variants with major differences, to meet the needs of specific customers. Let us have a glance at the benefits offered by these policies combined:
- The minimum age requirement for the applicants of the Edelweiss Health Insurance policy is 3 months. Age limit is not a thing to worry about when buying a policy with Edelweiss Health Insurance.
- The health insurance policies can be bought for 8 members of the family altogether, including the relations mentioned in the policy documents.
- The sum insured by Edelweiss Health Insurance covers can go up to Rs. 2 Crore.
- Benefits like medical monitoring cover, medical referral cover, emergency medical evacuation, and second medical opinion can be included irrespective of the plan chosen.
- Co-payment of 20% is applicable to customers above the age of 60 years.
- All the customary and reasonable charges incurred during hospitalization or treatment are taken care of by the insurer in Edelweiss Health Insurance.
- The option of mid-term inclusion is made available in case of childbirth or marriage. The premium is charged for this on the pro-rata basis in Edelweiss Health Insurance.
Edelweiss Health Insurance Plans
As discussed above, the plans of Edelweiss Health Insurance are available in three different variants to meet the requirements of the different groups of people. Let us look at the different variants and the differences between them at Edelweiss Health Insurance:
- Silver Plan - The limit of sum insured for the policyholders ranges up to Rs. 5 Lakhs.
- Gold Plan - The limit of sum insured for the policyholders ranges up to Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- Platinum Plan - The limit of sum insured for the policyholders ranges up to Rs. 1 Crore.
Under these three variants, apart from the sum insured, there are several other factors and features that differ like maternity coverage, room renting while hospitalization, critical illness coverage, organ donor cover, recovery benefits, and many more.
Inclusions In The policies of Edelweiss Health Insurance Plans
The coverage features vary from one plan to another. But, there are certain standard features that are included in all the plans, which include:
- Ambulance charges are included
- Pre and post hospitalization expenses are covered
- No claim discount benefits
- AYUSH treatment expenses are taken care of.
- Recharge benefits
- Restoration benefits
- Recovery benefits for the policyholders
- ICU room charges are also included
Edelweiss Health Insurance Plans are customized and varied according to the pre-existing conditions, if any, among its customers. The sum insured is ranging up to Rs. 1 Crore and several other standard features like no age limit for eligibility make it a fit for the customers. The health insurance policies by Edelweiss Health Insurance are decent and worth considering. However, you must always go through the details included or excluded in the policy purchased.
Must Read: All About Edelweiss Tokio Covid Shield Term Plan
Know The Jargons Before Buying Health Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.