All About The Pradhan Mantri Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana
Updated On Jun 06, 2022
Table of Contents
Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana is a self-sufficient initiative announced with the goal of improving India's health infrastructure. Prime Minister Narendra Modi plans to begin the initiative in Uttar Pradesh on October 25, 2021. The Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana is a plan that aims to improve the nation's healthcare infrastructure. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is launching this health initiative alongside the National Health Mission. PMASBY is a central sector project that intends to build an IT-enabled disease monitoring system by expanding a network of surveillance laboratories at the district, regional, national, and block levels.
What is the Goal of the Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PMASBY) Scheme?
The Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PMSBY) major goal is to fill existing gaps in public health infrastructure, particularly in primary and critical care institutions in both rural and urban regions. It also intends to construct an IT-enabled disease monitoring system by establishing a network of surveillance laboratories in metropolitan regions at the block, district, regional, and national levels. The PMASBY project also intends to reinforce 33 current public health units while also establishing 17 new public health units at entrance points. This will assist the government in preventing, detecting, investigating, and combating disease outbreaks and public health emergencies.
Furthermore, the PM Ayushman Bharat Health Facilities Mission intends to make better use of existing district hospital infrastructure, address inequalities in medical college distribution, and enhance the availability of health professionals in India.
Features of the Prime Minister's Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PMASBY)
The following are the primary aspects of the PMASBY, or Prime Minister Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana :
- The Atmanirbahr Swasth Bharat Yojana is a new initiative launched by Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in the Union Budget 2021.
- This programme has a provision for health care at Rs. 2.23 Lakh.
- Establishment of inquiry centres in all districts.
- A provision set of Rs. 64,180 crores would be spent over the course of six years under the PMASBY plan.
- This concept calls for the construction of critical care hospital blocks in 12 major institutions and 602 districts.
- This program will assist about 11,000 urban health and wellness centers as well as 17,000 rural health centers.
- This proposal calls for the establishment of 15 health emergency operation centres as well as two mobile hospitals.
- In 11 states, a total of 3383 public health units have been established.
- In all districts, investigative centres will be established.
- This programme will be in charge of improving 20 metropolitan health monitoring units, as well as the National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and its five regional offices.
The Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana will significantly strengthen India's healthcare infrastructure. People in both rural and urban locations will have improved access to healthcare services. Furthermore, the PMASBY project will establish a greater number of medical schools for medical students, as well as enable healthcare professionals to become better equipped to cope with future public health catastrophes.