Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Plan: Everything You Need to Know
Published On Jun 11, 2022
Table of Contents
Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced plan is specially designed to keep you healthy and cover your medical expenses when required. It is more than a regular health insurance plan as it comes with unique features, such as HealthReturns, reload of the sum insured, Chronic Management Program, multiple choices for hospital rooms, etc. These features make the plan one of a kind.
Why Do You Need Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Insurance?
You must buy an Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced plan for the following reasons:
- You can avail cashless hospitalization benefit at more than 9000network hospitals across India without paying from your pocket.
- The sum insured options are higher, starting from Rs2 lakh to Rs 2 crore, to serve every requirement of yours.
- HeathReturn, recovery benefit, chronic management program, second e-opinion for major illnesses, expert wellness coach, are some of the unique features that are worth your money.
- The cumulative bonus increases your sum insured by 50% up to a maximum of 100% or Rs 1 crore for each claim-free year
- Long term discount of 7.5% and 10% are available if you opt for a 2-year or 3-year policy tenure respectively
- 10% preferred provider network (PPN) discount is also available
- Tax benefits can be earned on premiums paid towards Aditya Birla Active Enhanced health plan under the IT Act, section 80D.
Salient Features of Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Plan
The salient features of the Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced plan include:
- It offers both individual and family floater policies.
- It provides a health check-up facility to the insured once a year.
- Earn up to 100% of the premium as health returns. These returns can be used for paying the renewal premiums further.
- You will be covered from day 1 for medicines, diagnostic tests, consultation with physicians in case of lifestyle illnesses, such as diabetes, blood pressure, asthma, hypertension, under the Chronic Management Program.
- The policy offers a premium waiver for 1 year in case you are diagnosed with a listed critical illness.
- The policy ensures 100% restoration of the policy sum insured. However, it is applicable only with an unrelated illness or accident after the first claim is made and the sum insured is not exhausted in the previous year.
- Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced
Coverage under Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced Plan
The coverage provided by the Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced plan includes:
- In-patient Hospitalization– It covers in-patient hospitalisation expenses, including room rent, nursing expenses, doctor’s fees, OT charges, medicine costs, consultation fees and so on.
- Pre-hospitalization Medical Expenses– It covers medical expenses incurred before hospitalization up to 60 days.
- Post-hospitalization Medical Expenses– It covers medical expenses incurred after hospital discharge up to 180 days.
- Day Care Treatment– It is available for treating certain illnesses that don’t require 24 hours hospitalisation, such as dialysis, cataract, chemotherapy, tonsillectomy, etc.
- Domiciliary Hospitalization– It covers the cost of the treatment availed at home in case hospitalisation is not possible.
- Road Ambulance Cover– It covers the cost of road ambulance services up to actual expenses in case of network hospitals and up to Rs 5000 per hospitalization in case of non-network hospitals.
- Organ Donor Expenses– It pays for the expenses incurred by organ donors for harvesting of the organ during a transplant.
- AYUSH Cover– It covers the cost of availing treatment through the AYUSH school of medicines.
- Mental Illness Hospitalization– It pays for the medical expenses incurred on the treatment of mental illnesses.
- Obesity Treatment– It covers the cost of availing medical treatment for obesity.
- Home Treatment– It pays for the expenses incurred on availing necessary treatment at home after discharge from the
- Modern Treatment Methods– It covers the medical expenses incurred on availing treatment through modern treatment methods.
- Emergency Assistance Services (Includes Air Ambulance)– It covers the cost of availing emergency assistance services, including air ambulance, within or outside India.
- OPD Cover– It offers coverage for outpatient consultations up to Rs 1000 in case of a sum insured of Rs 15 lakh or above.
- Second E-opinion for Major Illnesses– In case of major illnesses, such as cancer, kidney failure, heart attack, etc., a second opinion can be taken from qualified specialists and its costs will be covered under this policy.
- Dental Consultations & Investigations – It pays for the cost of dental consultations and investigations in case of a sum insured of Rs 15 lakh or above.
- Recovery Benefit –It provides a recovery benefit of 1% of the sum insured up to Rs 10,000 in case of accidental hospitalization for 10 consecutive days.
Exclusions under Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced
The following treatment expenses are excluded under the Aditya Birla Activ Health Platinum Enhanced plan:
- Venereal diseases
- External congenital anomalies
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Abuse of intoxicants like drugs or alcohol
- Intentional self-injury
- Maternity expenses
- Injuries due to war and nuclear perils
This policy rewards you for staying fit and healthy and these rewards are accumulated in the form of HealthReturn. You can use these rewards for something as small as getting medicines for a fever or even for a surgery that is not covered due to a waiting period or excluded in the policy. Furthermore, you can use this for paying your premium from the 1st renewal of the policy.
Also Read: Survival Period In Health Insurance.