Significance Of Child Insurance Plan in India
Published On Jan 16, 2022 10:46 AM By InsuranceDekho
Child life insurance plans are well-known for providing both life insurance and investment opportunities. When a child is as young as 30 days old, parents can purchase a child’s life insurance policy for him or her. This is a long-term investment option that allows you to build a corpus for your child's financial security. This type of life insurance plan pays a maturity benefit if the life assured (i.e., the parent) lives to the end of the policy term, and partial withdrawals are permitted. Some of the reasons for the importance of having a child life insurance plan are listed below.
Understanding The Significance of Child Insurance Plan
If you haven't yet purchased child insurance for your child, here are a few compelling reasons to do so right away! The following are some of the factors that contribute to the importance of child insurance:
- Even if you are no longer able to provide for your beloved son or daughter, a child insurance plan will ensure their future. When you purchase a child plan, you can rest assured that your child will receive a significant amount (sum assured) from the insurance company at maturity, regardless of whether you are alive or not. What's more, this fund could be used to fund your child's education or marriage, ensuring their financial future.
- Due to the unique feature of an inbuilt premium waiver benefit, a child insurance plan will ensure that your child does not bear the burden of paying the premium in the event of your death. As a result, your child will be financially secure without having to worry about paying the premium.
- Optional riders, which work to expand the scope of coverage, will allow a child insurance plan to be customized. If you believe your child requires additional coverage, you can easily provide it with optional riders.
- A child insurance plan can help you save up to Rs.1.5 lakh in tax under Section 80C.
- A child insurance plan will assist you in building a corpus for your child's future financial needs. The plan will include coverage for premature death, ensuring that your child's financial plans are not disrupted in the event of your death.
- A child insurance plan will assist you in beginning disciplined savings in order to meet your child's future needs. Your children will benefit from this method of saving because it is consistent and disciplined.
Child life insurance plans can assist you in providing a financially secure future for your child by assisting you in finding your child's education, extracurricular activities, and medical emergencies. This plan can be very beneficial in the event of a parent's untimely death because it provides financial support to the child in the event of the parent's untimely death during the policy term. To cover their child's expenses, a parent must purchase a child’s life insurance policy. Make sure you choose the maturity date after giving it some thought, and that you finalize it a few months before the date when you'll need the money. Also, buy child insurance as soon as possible rather than waiting until your child is an adult, so you can ensure their happiness and financial security even if you are not present.
Also read- SBI Child Education Plan And Its Benefits
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.