How Should You Open A RD Account In The Post Office?
Updated On Dec 15, 2021
On a monthly basis, investors save little amounts. Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act of 1961, investments in this post office savings scheme qualify for a tax deduction. As a result, this post office strategy is appropriate for investors who want to save on a regular basis. Individuals seeking tax benefits on their investment amount should also consider this option.
The current annual interest rate is 5.8%, and the interest will be paid in one lump sum at maturity. A post office recurring deposit calculator can be used to determine the maturity amount from a post office recurring deposit investment. The post office recurring deposit calculator on Scripbox can be used to estimate the returns on post office recurring deposit accounts.
The Indian Post offers a government-backed savings scheme known as Post Office RD. This page explains in full how to create a Post Office RD login, make an online payment, and check the RD account balance online.
How to Login to a Post Office RD Account?
Here is how you can login to a post office RD account:
- Individuals must first register for Post Office online services or internet banking in order to create a Post Office RD login. Follow the steps below to sign up for internet banking.
- Visit the local post office branch where one has a legitimate and operational savings 'B' account.
- Filling out a pre-printed application form and sending it with all of the relevant documents is the next step.
- The internet banking service of the Department of Posts (DOP) will be available the next day. The confirmation will be sent to the registered mobile number as an SMS.
The following are the requirements for launching online Post Office Investments:
- KYC documentation for a legitimate and operational savings' account Email and mobile number for Post Office ATM or Debit Card. Here's how to deposit money into your RD account online:
- The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) app is available for download. Open a savings account at the post office using the app: Fill in the essential information, such as your cell phone number and PAN card number. Use an OTP to verify the mobile number.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and confirm your identity with an OTP.
- Use the online application form to submit your application. Fill in the blanks:
- Identifying Details
- PAN and contact information
- Details on Nominee
- Added Details
- Information about the account
- The post office savings account is created after all the details are entered and the form is submitted. There is a customer ID and an account number created.
- To log into the app, customers can now generate an m-pin using their customer ID, account number, date of birth, and cellphone number.
- Open the app now and select the 'Send Money' tab from the menu tab. You can deposit money into your recurring deposit, PPF, or Sukanya Samriddhi account by clicking on 'DOP Products' under this tab.
Furthermore, this post office savings plan includes a three-month minimum lock-in term. In addition, no interest is paid on premature withdrawals made within three months after account establishment. Only the principal will be paid to the RD account holder.
The TDS on the interest income from the recurring deposit is not deducted by the post office. In the hands of the investor, however, interest income is taxed. Interest income is taxed at the individual's marginal rate of income taxation.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.