How Can Some Riders Provide You Financial Assistance At The Time of Hospitalization?
Published On Jul 24, 2021 11:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Most of us know what policies are in health insurance. It aims to protect insurers through a range of medical coverage. Many policies are to be chosen, each of which are provided with a separate insurance policy. However, the fundamental policies may not always cover all of your insurance policy criteria. This can be anything, the coverage amount, the perks, the length of your time, etc.
In this circumstance, insurance riders are in. These are revisions to the terms and conditions of the standard health insurance plan. The same applies to adapting an existing policy to the insurer's requests. The HospiCash Rider and the Surgical Rider are among many of the popular healthcare riders. Let us brief you how they can provide you financial assistance at the time of hospitalization.
What Is A HospiCash Rider?
A HospiCash Rider also called a Hospital Cash Rider is a medical rider who offers you a certain amount of money per day. It also gives a predetermined money if you have to undergo surgery or procedure, if you are admitted to the intensive care facility or a lump sum payout. This rider has a minimum entry age of 18, while the maximum is 80.
Benefits of Buying A HospiCash Rider
- It offers daily benefits in the hospital (DHCB). The policyholder is paid a fixed daily benefit for each hospital stay day if the stay lasts for a minimum period of 48 hours and is governed by the policy.
- This comprises a lump-sum payment as part of the benefits to the Intensive Care Unit and surgical care.
- The ICU benefit is double the DHCB benefit and, for both small and major surgeries, the surgical benefit is 5 times DHCB and 20 times DHCB.
- Prices are straightforward and inexpensive when you buy them conveniently and economically.
- The insured individual has the rights to add his family members in the plan if required.
- He also gets access to tax advantages on both the Rider Premium and his Base Plan. Section 80D of the Income Tax Act of the nation. However, the tax advantages and benefits are subject to change at any point of time.
What Is A Surgical Rider?
Surgical Rider Insurance provides an additional insurance policy to reimburse hospital costs if a health or accident insured person is hospitalised. The reimbursement includes hospital, hospitalisation, counselling for physicians, research and clinical trials, ambulance, dialysis, cancer and psychotherapy outpatients.
Benefits of Buying Surgical Rider
- In the partner hospitals of your insurance company, you can get cashless hospital admission merely by showing an insurance card
- Benefits depending on compensation include:
-INR 300,000 per day in the Hospital Room service.
-Cost of several hospitals, visits to doctors and operations
-The patient is treated with acute care
-Additional benefits of dialysis, cancer and physiotherapy
-Care / Surgical Surgery / Pre-stage Consultation
- Insured ages 6 months to 60 years can use this rider.
- The insured will be granted protection and benefits for riders up to the age of 88.
- This rider also offers emergency travelling services for the insured patients.
Both of these riders are supplementary advantages to the specified health insurance coverage. You can add drivers to the policy and your insurance will be adapted to suit your particular demands at a very low cost while continuing to receive the best out of health facilities.
Also Read: All About Riders In Life Insurance Plans
Benefits of Riders In Life Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.