Documents Required For Term Insurance
Documents play a crucial role while purchasing a term insurance policy and very crucial while policy application and claim settlement. In case the policy fails to provide the correct documents the insurance provider could deny the claim to the nominee/beneficiary.
- Tax BenefitUp to 1,50,000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 14 Lac+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Term Insurance Premium Calculator
Date of Birth
Do you smoke or chew tobacco?
Choose required coverage to secure your family’s future
Documents Required for Term Insurance
Human Life Value/Coverage Calculator
My Annual Income
My Monthly Spend
Documents Required for Term Insurance Claims
When filing for a term insurance death claim the nominee is required to submit the below-mentioned list of documents to receive the death benefit amount. Following is the list of documents required to be submitted by the nominee in case the life assured passes away during the policy term:
Documents Required for Term Insurance Death Claims (Death Due to Medical Conditions)
- Original Policy Documents
- Duly Filled Claim Form
- Nominee’s Photo ID Proof (Adhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Passport etc.)
- Nominee’s Bank Account Details (such as bank statement/ cancelled cheque)
- Death Certificate issued by local authority
- Attending Physician’s Statement
- Treating Doctor’s Statement
- Medical Records
Documents Required for Term Insurance Accidental Claims
- All the documents required for life insurance death claims
- Original or Copy of FIR
- Original or Copy of Police Inquest Report
Why are Documents Required for a Term Insurance Plan?
The documents that you submit at the time of term insurance application help you establish your identity and other information about you. Following are the reasons why documents are required for a term insurance plan:
- Gives a surety that you are a Indian resident
- Updates your insurance provider about your medical history and current situation
- Helps in hassle-free application and claim process
- Helps is easy policy renewal
- Helps is assuring a fast claim settlement ratio
In case you are the primary breadwinner of the family, and in case of an unforeseen event such as your sudden demise, your family who is dealing with an emotional turmoil would also have to face a financial setback in case you do not provide correct documentation. With a term insurance plan you can ensure when one of your family members visit the insurance company or file a claim, he/she does not deal with a claim settlement delay or any other hassles due to incomplete/incorrect information.
You must remember if you do not provide the necessary number of documents required at the time of term insurance application which may eventually result in delay for claim settlement. When you provide the right set of documents required, the insurance provider may not only speed up the claim settlement process but also help you receive the benefit amount hassle-free. That’s why it is very important to provide all necessary documents required for a term insurance application and claim whether you purchase it online or offline.
Why Must You Give Proper Attention to the Documents Required for Term Insurance Application or Claims?
Every information that you provide to your insurance provider is a very essential quick policy issuance and claim process. All documents which are required for a term insurance policy hold importance in their own way. Some documents are mandatory for a claim settlement while others are required as per the situation. Mentioned below are two reasons why you must give proper attention to the documents required for a term insurance application or claims:
- All documents which are required for a term insurance plan eases the claim settlement process
- The benefit amount can help your family in difficult circumstances only if provide all the necessary documents at the time of application for the term insurance policy
What Should You Do if the Documents Required for Term Insurance Plan Go Missing?
In such cases where you lose necessary documents which may be important while filing a claim for your term insurance policy, you must lodge an FIR as soon as you misplace the document. The second and most important step is to inform your insurance provider about the missing documents required for a term insurance claim to avoid any future hassles. Apply for the duplicate copy of documents required for term insurance claim in the relative department and update your insurance provider. These small but important steps will help your beneficiary while he/she files the claim.
Term Insurance Companies User Reviews
Term Insurance News
- Latest News
- Popular News
- Is LIC Term Insurance Worth Buying?
LIC, a firmly trusted brand, has the biggest market share in...27 October 2021
- Regular Term Plans Or TROP? Which Is A Better Opti...
While Term insurance plans do not pay any benefits in case t...26 October 2021
- Can I Take Terminal Illness Cover With Term Insura...
Purchasing a terminal illness cover along with a term insura...24 October 2021
- Why Should You Consider Inflation When Buying a Te...
At the time of choosing a term insurance plan, keep a check ...23 October 2021
- Why Every Parent Must Buy Term Insurance?
A term insurance plan acts as a saviour that protects your f...22 October 2021
- How to Check HDFC Life Policy Status Online?
HDFC life helps its policyholders with the ease of checking ...13 April 2021
- How to Change Address in LIC Policy?
It is common to change your home address. But it is importan...19 April 2021
- How to Download LIC Policy Receipt Online?
LIC allows its customers to pay their premiums online easily...13 April 2021
- Top 4 Rs 1 Crore Term Life insurance Policies in I...
A term insurance policy can be purchased for the following r...29 June 2021
- How to Check SBI Life Insurance Policy Status?
Individuals who buy life insurance policies at the State Ban...12 April 2021