How Is HDFC Ergo Health Insurance?
Updated On Aug 01, 2022
Table of Contents
A health insurance policy is a financial safeguard that provides medical coverage to the insurance during healthcare emergencies. Medical emergencies can occur at any moment, without any prior notice. In such cases, a health insurance policy is your saviour. Purchasing the best health insurance plan in India will provide you multiple benefits such as coverage for pre and post hospitalisation, cashless hospitalisation and room rent coverage. Apart from the unbearable heat and the risks that summer season brings with it – dehydration, flu, heat stroke etc – there are news reports of Covid-19 cases on the rise in some parts of the country. Experts have also warned us about the possibility of Covid-19 fourth wave. The ideal and safe way to be prepared is to follow Covid-19 protocol and also buy a health insurance plan. Buying the best health insurance policy will make your life much easier.
Features of HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
The plan provides a coverage of up to 4 members of your family which is sufficient for today’s nuclear family set ups.
- Health insurance plans from HDFC Ergo come with lifelong renewal, thus saving you from the stress of uncalled medical emergencies.
- Health insurance plans with no sub limit on room rents available.
- The company provides a 5% bonus on sum insured for every claim free year.
- The policy comes with a provision of reimbursement of health check-up expenses after 4 claim free years
HDFC ERGO Health Insurance benefits
- The company has IAAA rating from ICRA indicating a high claim settlement ratio.
- All the policies of the company are designed keeping the needs of various classes and age brackets of consumers.
- The company holds a track record of outstanding customer support after the sale of policy.
Claims Process at HDFC ERGO Health Insurance
Health insurance with HDFC Ergo offers a quick and hassle free claim process. If you own a HEALTH INSURANCE policy with HDFC Ergo there are two ways you can make a claim.
For making a cashless claim, you need to get the treatment only at one of the network hospitals. You need to seek an authorization and fill up the prescribed paper work before going under the treatment.
For a reimbursement claim, you need to fill up the required forms and submit it along with required documents as per the terms of your policy.The documents may vary but largely include discharge summary and hospital bills.
When you talk about choosing the best health insurance plan, everything ultimately comes down to the claim settlement ratio. A healthy track record of claim settlements can be encouraging for new customers. If you are planning to buy Health Insurance do not forget to check HDFC ERGO health insurance policy details on the company’s website and get a quote within seconds.