List of Documents Required for Car Insurance Claim
An essential element of a car insurance plan is the claim process. A claim is a request to the car insurance provider for compensation for the damage suffered by a policyholder to his/her car. When a person is trying to file a claim, there may be a lot of documentation involved and it is also necessary to consider the significance of which document and the part they play in having the claim passed.
Insurance policies have become a must with the growing number of incidents and robberies. However, it can be a difficult procedure to make insurance claims if you do not have the necessary documents. To guarantee that a car insurance claim settlement is not denied, full and authentic documents are necessary.
Mandatory Documents for Car Insurance Claim
At the time of the car insurance claim process, the following records are mandatory
Below is the general list of insurance must-have papers that will help you kick-start the process of filing your claim.
- Car insurance policy copy
- Claim form filled and signed correctly
- First Investigation Report (FIR) copy
- Registration Certificate (RC)
- Accident-related details, including specifying the date and location together with a short explanation of how the incident happened
- A declaration that requires to mention the extent of damage suffered
Additional Documents Required In Case of Theft of Car
Apart from all documents required under accidental damages, you need the following documents
- Non-traceable report of the car
- Sales invoice of the car, if required
- Form 30, 29, and 28 signed by the policyholder
- Form 35 signed by the Financer on the acceptance of insurers' liability, based on what the situation may be.
- Subrogation Letter
- Consent from the financier and you for the agreed "claim settlement value"
- A Financer's NOC whether the dispute is to be settled in favour of the insured
- A claim "Discharge Voucher" signed across a "Revenue Stamp"
Accidents are not foreseen and no one can forecast them, but you have to be ready for them and car insurance is what you require. Do not refrain from seeking a claim against your car insurer if you have been in a car accident. It is not at all a difficult process to have the documents ready. Therefore, these documents have to be kept ready and one needs to have a basic knowledge of the claim filing process. Use the insurance provider's help, if necessary.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.