Find Out All About United India Car Insurance
Published On Aug 18, 2023
Find Out All About United India Car Insurance
Welcome to the comprehensive guide on United India Car Insurance! If you're looking for a reliable and trustworthy insurance provider to safeguard your precious vehicle, you've come to the right place. United India Car Insurance has been a prominent player in the insurance industry, offering a wide range of coverage options tailored to meet your specific needs. Here, we will explore the key features, benefits, and discounts offered by United India Car Insurance, providing you with valuable insights to make an informed decision and protect your car with confidence. Let's dive in!
This policy combines both Own Damage (OD) and Liability components, offering a robust shield against unforeseen events and potential liabilities. Let's dive deeper into the two sections that make up this versatile insurance plan.
- Section I - Own Damage (OD):
- The first section of the Package Policy focuses on protecting your own vehicle against various perils. It covers damages caused by accidental external means, fire, self-ignition, lightning, burglary, housebreaking, theft, terrorist activity, riots, strikes, malicious damage, earthquakes, floods, cyclones, and more. Whether your vehicle is on the road, in transit, or parked, Section I ensures you're financially protected against unexpected losses.
- Additionally, private car owners benefit from coverage for accessories damaged or stolen during a burglary or theft, while motorised two-wheeler owners can avail of this coverage by paying an additional premium. Commercial vehicle owners can also opt for protection against losses or damages to specific parts like lamps, tires, mudguards, bonnet side parts, and bumpers, provided they pay an extra premium.
- Section II - Liability:
- The second section, known as liability, covers the policyholder's legal obligations towards third parties. It includes bodily injury and death claims, as well as property damage caused by the insured vehicle. This coverage extends to the insured's legal liability for the death or disability of a third party and any related expenses incurred with the company's consent.
- The Package Policy includes personal accident coverage for the vehicle's owner-driver, offering financial support in the unfortunate event of an accident which would have resulted in injury or death.
While Package Policies offer extensive coverage, it's essential to be aware of certain exclusions. Claims arising from contractual liability, war perils, nuclear perils, drunken driving, consequential losses, depreciation, wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown, or driving under the influence of intoxicating substances are not covered. Claims arising outside the specified geographical area or when the vehicle is used in contravention of its limitations or driven by an unlicensed person are also excluded.
The discounts you can avail of are listed below:
- Vintage Car Discount: Save 25% on Own Damage (OD) premium for cars manufactured before 31.12.40 and certified by Vintage and Classic Cars Club of India. Agreed Value Policies issued for these vehicles ensure fair compensation.
- No Claim Bonus (NCB): Earn 20% to 50% NCB for claim-free years, reducing the OD premium significantly and promoting safe driving habits.
- Automobile Association Membership Discount: Enjoy 5% off on OD premium, capped at Rs. 200/- for private cars and Rs. 50/- for Motorised Two-wheelers, with membership in recognised Automobile Associations.
- Discount for Anti-Theft Devices: Install ARAI-approved Anti-Theft Devices certified by the Automobile Association of India for a 2.5% discount on OD premium, up to Rs. 200/-. Enhance security and save!
- Specially Designed/Modified Vehicle Discount: Avail an impressive 50% discount on OD premium for vehicles specially designed for blind, handicapped, or mentally challenged individuals.
In conclusion, United India Car Insurance has emerged as a strong contender in the world of vehicle insurance, offering comprehensive coverage and attractive discounts. With a reputation for reliability and customer-centric services, this insurer proves to be a dependable choice for safeguarding your car. Whether it's the Vintage Car Discount, No Claim Bonus, or other enticing offers, United India Car Insurance strives to cater to your unique requirements. Make a wise choice by opting for their policies and drive with the assurance of protection and peace of mind on every journey.
1. How is the car insurance premium calculated?
Car insurance premiums depend on several factors, such as the car's make and model, the age of the car, the insured declared value (IDV), the geographical zone, and the type of coverage. The IDV is the maximum amount you will be able to claim in case of total loss or theft. Higher IDV leads to a higher premium. Moreover, factors like the age and driving experience of the owner, previous claim history, and the chosen add-ons also impact the premium.
2. What is No Claim Bonus (NCB), and how does it work?
NCB is a reward given by insurers to policyholders for not making any claims during the policy year. It is a percentage of the premium and accumulates each year of claim-free driving. This can range from 20% to 50% and results in a considerable premium discount upon renewal.
3. Is car insurance mandatory in my country?
Car insurance is mandatory in most countries, including India, the United States, and the United Kingdom. It is a legal requirement to have at least Third-Party Liability coverage to drive legally on public roads. Failing to comply with this requirement may result in fines, penalties, or the suspension of your driving privileges.
4. Can I transfer my car insurance to a new vehicle?
Yes, car insurance can be transferred from one vehicle to another. Inform your insurance provider about the change in vehicle details, and they will issue a new policy or endorsement for the new car. The premium may vary based on the new car's attributes, but your accumulated NCB can be retained.
5. How can I reduce the car insurance premium?
You can lower the car insurance premium by opting for a higher voluntary deductible, maintaining a good driving record, installing anti-theft devices, and availing of discounts such as membership discounts or bundling policies. Compare quotes from different insurers to find the most competitive rate without compromising on coverage.