Best CNG Cars in India 2023
Updated On Sep 20, 2023
Top CNG Cars in India
There is a growing demand in CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) automobiles owing to pollution and climate change. Many Indian customers now prefer CNG cars due to the government's push for more environmentally friendly transportation options and the steadily rising costs of petrol and diesel.
Driving a CNG car comes out to be 30% - 50% cheaper than a petrol / diesel car. As of 2023, many automakers have increased their efforts to provide premium CNG cars that are not just fuel-efficient but also loaded with contemporary features. Let’s go over the best CNG cars in India in 2023.
Table of Contents
Why are CNG cars popular?
When compared to their petrol and diesel rivals, CNG cars are renowned for their economical fuel efficiency and lower carbon emissions. Furthermore, the simple adoption of these vehicles has been made possible by the government of India's initiatives to expand the network of CNG stations throughout the country. CNG stations are now being expanded to Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities as well at a very fast pace
Now that we have this background, let’s look at the best CNG cars in India in 2023.
Things to Think About When Selecting a CNG Vehicle
When selecting the ideal CNG vehicle, one must take into account a number of aspects, including performance, fuel economy, safety features, and available comfort and convenience amenities. The greatest CNG vehicles are able to provide a comfortable and economical driving experience by balancing these factors.
Best CNG Cars in 2023
Let's now turn our attention to the top CNG cars that the Indian market is offering in 2023. Here is a list of vehicles that have captured Indian buyers' hearts thanks to their superior performance, fuel efficiency, and plenty of features.
1. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
In the Indian market, the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is still a popular vehicle, especially with its CNG version. This MPV is a great option for families because it combines performance, size, and fuel efficiency.
- Fuel Efficiency: With a fuel efficiency that is outstanding, this is an economical choice over time.
- Features: The Ertiga doesn't scrimp on contemporary conveniences, with clever hybrid technology, smart reverse parking sensors, and a sleek cabin.
- Safety: It guarantees safe driving with its twin airbags, ABS with EBD, and sophisticated reverse parking sensors.
2. Hyundai Aura
Hyundai Aura's exquisite appearance and feature-rich interiors have helped it carve out a space for itself. This small sedan's CNG version is well-liked because of its potent performance and economical fuel use.
- Fuel Efficiency: It guarantees savings on gasoline costs and makes a praiseworthy fuel economy claim.
- Features: A touchscreen infotainment system, wireless phone charging, and a digital speedometer are among the goodies that come standard with the Aura.
- Safety: Safety-wise, it performs admirably thanks to its dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and ISOFIX mounts.
3. Tata Tigor
Tata Tigor is evidence of the company's dedication to providing environmentally friendly and fuel-efficient automobiles. This small sedan's well-built exterior and abundant interior features make an impressive combination.
- Fuel Efficiency: It is intended to be an affordable car for regular commuting, and it has impressive mileage.
- Features: The Tigor provides a high-end experience with its touchscreen infotainment system, digital instrument cluster, and Harman sound system.
- Safety: Corner Stability Control, ABS with EBD, and dual front airbags are just a few of the safety features that Tata offers.
4. Maruti Suzuki WagonR
For years, people have been drawn to the Maruti Suzuki WagonR because of its reputation for dependability and affordability. This tall-boy hatchback's CNG version is no different, providing exceptional fuel economy without compromising on performance.
- Fuel Efficiency: Because of its exceptional fuel efficiency, daily commuters choose it.
- Features: It has a contemporary instrument cluster, Smart Reverse Parking Sensors, and an infotainment system called SmartPlay Studio.
- Safety: Equipped with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and smart reverse parking sensors, the WagonR guarantees occupant safety.
5. Toyota Mirai
The Toyota Mirai, a hydrogen fuel cell car that falls within the larger CNG vehicle category, is making its debut in the Indian market. This future vehicle is causing a stir thanks to its opulent features and zero-emission capabilities.
- Fuel Efficiency: It claims almost zero emissions and a big range because it is a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.
- Features: It provides an opulent ride because of its high-end amenities, which include a sophisticated infotainment system, plush upholstery, and a quality sound system.
- Safety: Equipped with several airbags, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, and other cutting-edge safety features, it's a remarkably secure car option.
Extra Tips for Buyers
Here are some suggestions for potential purchasers to have in mind:
- Research: Depending on your needs and tastes, be sure to compare and thoroughly investigate a number of models.
- Test Drive: To experience the vehicle's handling, comfort, and performance before deciding, schedule a test drive.
- Following-Sale Support: Take into account the support provided following the sale as well as the presence of service centres in your area.
- Resale Value: Take a look at the car's possible resale value since it may prove to be a crucial consideration down the road. It would be worthwhile to check the IDV (Insured Declared Value) of the selected model type based on the vehicle age, IDV gives the best possible proxy for Resale value / actual depreciated value of the car.
- Car Insurance Amount: Depending on the model, please keep a keen eye on the add-ons provided and car insurance amount.
With CNG vehicles becoming more and more popular, 2023 seems to be a promising year for the Indian auto sector. The vehicles on the above list have successfully connected with Indian customers by providing a pleasing balance of performance, fuel economy, and contemporary features. The use of CNG vehicles is expected to significantly increase as the Indian government works to extend the network of CNG stations.
The CNG car market has a wide range of possibilities for consumers who want to save money on fuel or who are concerned about the environment. Contemporary CNG vehicles maintain performance and features without sacrificing any of them thanks to technological improvements, providing a driving experience that is competitive.
1: What are the advantages of driving a CNG vehicle?
Choosing a CNG automobile will help you in the form of lower fuel expenses over petrol and diesel cars, lower carbon emissions, and a wider selection of recently released models with cutting-edge technologies. Furthermore, it is getting more and more convenient to possess a CNG car in India thanks to government attempts to increase the network of CNG stations.
2: Is driving a CNG vehicle safe?
To ensure a safe driving experience, yes, current CNG automobiles come with a host of safety features including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and clever reverse parking sensors. In addition, compared to petrol and diesel, CNG is a safer fuel in the event of an accident due to its higher ignition point.
3: In 2023, will the Indian market provide any possibilities for luxury CNG cars?
In India's CNG car market, the Toyota Mirai has become a premium choice as of 2023. This hydrogen fuel cell car opens the door for more opulent, environmentally friendly cars on the market by providing a luxurious driving experience with top-notch features and almost zero emissions.
4: How do CNG vehicles perform in comparison to fuel vehicles?
The answer is that modern CNG vehicles perform similarly to gasoline-powered vehicles. Technology developments have made it possible for automakers to create CNG vehicles that are stable, perform well, and handle well, giving them a competitive edge over other options for buyers seeking efficiency and performance.
5: Do CNG vehicles require more maintenance than petrol or diesel vehicles?
In response, CNG vehicles don't inherently require more maintenance than petrol or diesel vehicles. In fact, because CNG burns cleanly, engine parts may see less wear and tear over time, which might save maintenance expenses.