Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana - Facts You Should Know
Published On Feb 23, 2022 10:10 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a government of India project that is part of the 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana.' This programme will construct an account for a Girl Child to build a corpus. Parents may open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account for their daughter's benefit. Accounts for the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana are limited to one per girl child, and parents with more than two girls are not allowed to register a third or fourth account. These records are kept for a period of 21 years, or until the girl child turns 18 and marries.
Features Of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Some of the most important aspects of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are as follows:
- The profits are higher.
- The Indian government's Ministry of Finance has given its clearance.
- With a 21-year lock-in term, start investing with a minimum of Rs 250 and a maximum of Rs 1,50,000.
- Partial withdrawal is authorized after the girl child reaches the age of eighteen.
Benefits of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
The benefits of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana are as follows:
- High Rate of Interest: The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has a high rate of interest when compared to other investment options. The government publishes the interest rate once a year. With the help of a high rate of interest, you can establish a corpus for your female child and help her achieve her goals. The maturity funds can help you satisfy your daughter's financial needs in the future.
- Guaranteed Maturity Returns: The account holder, a female child, will get the amount of the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account plus accumulated interest at maturity. As a result, this Yojana gives your female child financial security and encourages her to make her own choices. Even when the account is closed by the account holder, the earned investments under the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana will continue to accrue compound interest.
- Fund your Female Child's Future Financial Needs: The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana allows you to develop a corpus large enough to fund our girl child's expenditures till she becomes eighteen. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana benefits both the father and the girl child. With the help of a Sukanya Samridhi Yojana account, you can develop a corpus to support your female child's further education, marriage expenditures, or any other financial necessities.
Eligibility for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna (SSY)
The following are the primary requirements for opening an SSY Account as part of the Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao Yojana:
- Sukanya Samriddhi Sukanya Samriddhi Sukanya Samridd Only her parents or legal guardians can open an account in her name for a female child.
- When the account is opened, the child must be under the age of ten.
- For a single child, several Sukanya Samridhhi accounts cannot be created.
- Only two SSY accounts are allowed per family, one for each child.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is one of the best investment possibilities for you to start saving for your daughter's education when she turns eighteen. You can contribute a portion of your income to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana to help your daughter realize her aspirations of further education and marriage, despite inflation.
Also Read: Everything To Know About The SBI Child Plan Fixed Deposit.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.