Details To Know About SBI Life Insurance
Published On Jan 20, 2022 10:10 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
SBI Life is a private company that commenced operations as a joint venture between BNP Paribas Cardif – a French financial services provider and multinational bank headquartered in Paris, and State Bank of India – the biggest financial service provider and the state-owned bank in India. BNP Paribas Cardiff holds 26% of the total capital in SBI Life Insurance Company while SBI holds 74% of the stake. The authorized capital of SBI Life stands at Rs.20 billion, while its paid-up capital is recorded at Rs.10 billion. Headquartered in Mumbai, the company was formed in 2001 and although it initially focussed mainly on bancassurance, it has, over time, developed into one of the biggest life insurance companies around.
Benefits of SBI Life Insurance
- SBI Life has access to more than 100 million accounts throughout India and offers its products and services to every economic strata and geographic region in the country.
- The company is also known for boasting the most productive force so far as insurance agents are concerned, having for being tied up with more than 80,000 advisors.
- SBI is now among the key players in the market and the products and services offered by the company are versatile so that the insurance needs of a diverse customer base can be satisfied.
- SBI Life has grown tremendously – so much so that it has contributed significantly towards transpiring the insurance industry in India.
- Since inception, As a result, , thereby SBI has ensured that individuals from all over the country can avail its offerings. If you are looking for a life insurance policy, rest assured in the knowledge that SBI Life and its experienced and dedicated workforce will help you find one that best suits your specific requirements.
How to Claim Insurance with SBI Life Insurance
Company Limited is committed to ensuring that the interests of their policyholders are well protected, and also ensures that the timelines set by IRDA (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority) are met when it comes to processing claims. Following is the claim settlement process associated with SBI Life:
1. Intimation of Claim
An intimation of the claim must be made at any branch of SBI Life along with all the supporting documents as requested in the policy document.
2. Addressing Requirements
In case SBI Life Insurance has any requirements or asks you to check the admissibility of the claim, the claimant must ensure that these requirements are met.
3. Claiming the Amount
Once you have intimated SBI Life about the claim and met all the requirements, the claims process will be completed much sooner. If at any time during the claims settlement process should you require any assistance, you can contact the company’s officials.
Going through the detailed description of claims in the policy document will help you experience a seamless claim settlement process.
- Visit the official website of SBI Life Insurance.
- Click on the tab ‘Services for Existing Customers’.
- After that click on ‘Claims and Maturity’.
- Enter details such as your policy number, date of birth, and type of claim. After that enter the captcha to complete the security process. Click on ‘Submit’.
- The insurer will then verify the details submitted by you and if they are found to be correct, your claim application will get approved and the amount will be deposited to your bank account.
Visit the nearest SBI Life Insurance Company branch with all the relevant documents and the claim application form duly filled by you and submit it. If all the documents are correct, the insurer will deposit the claim amount to your bank account.
Documents Required for Purchasing SBI Life Insurance
To avail a life insurance policy from SBI Life Insurance Company Limited, few of the following documents will have to be submitted to the insurer:
1. ID Proof
- PAN Card
- Voter’s ID
- Driving License
- Letter issued by the National Population Register or Unique Identification Authority of India containing information such as the name, Aadhaar number and address of the individual
- Job card issued by NREGA and duly signed by a State Government official.
2. Proof of Residence
- Utility bill provided it is less than two months old (post-paid mobile phone bill, water bill, telephone bill, piped gas bill, electricity bill, etc.)
- Municipal or property tax receipt
- Post office savings or bank account statement
- Family pension or pension payment orders issued to retired individuals by Public Sector undertakings or Government Department, provided they contain the residential address of the individual
- Letters issued by Mission in India or Foreign Embassy and documents issued by Government departments of foreign jurisdiction
- Letter of allotment of accommodation from employer issued by Central or State Government departments, Regulatory or Statutory bodies, scheduled commercial banks, public sector undertakings, listed companies and financial institutions.
When it comes to offering insurance, customer care forms an important part of the deal. An efficient customer care team can help elevate the status of an insurer in the eyes of its policyholders. SBI Life, one of India's leading insurance providers, operates by this principle and has set in place a dedicated customer support team which is reachable at all times. The customer care helpline at SBI Life is reachable via multiple channels like phone, email, and SMS.
Also read- Things To Keep In Mind While Filing A Death Claim
Multiple Benefits Of Term Insurance Policies
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.