5 Similarities You Must Know Between Insurance And Cricket
Published On Apr 19, 2023, Updated On Apr 21, 2023
The most awaited time of the year, the Indian Premier League has commenced and cricket lovers cannot keep calm. IPL 2023 started on 31st March and will last until May 21, 2023, with 10 teams competing against each other. But, do you know that there are several parallels between insurance and cricket, wondering what? Let us take you through the similarities between insurance and cricket.
5 Similarities Between Insurance and Cricket
While rooting for your favourite team, have you ever thought about the similarities between insurance and cricket? If you still haven’t, we are right here to help our cricket buffs draw interesting parallels between insurance and cricket. Scroll through the section below to learn more.
- Be Careful: A detailed comparison check and getting to know the plan benefits of different insurance plans is a must before investing in any insurance plan. Just as a captain strategically plans his team, you also need to be careful while reading the terms and conditions attached to your insurance policy. An informed understanding of the insurance policy before actually buying is a win-win situation for the policyholder, as is a cricket team that compromises of the best and right talent.
- Look For Diversification: When it comes to planning a secured financial future through investment and insurance tools, it is crucial to have a diversified financial portfolio. For instance, as an investor, it is always suggested to invest in different financial instruments like mutual funds, bank fixed deposits, and others to maximise returns. This is similar to a cricket team that comprises batsmen, bowlers, and wicket-keepers, implying the significance of having a team with diverse talent to drive success to the team.
- Control Your Performance: There are a number of insurance companies that offer additional live healthy benefits on insurance plans, for instance, there are wellness benefits on health insurance plans. In order to achieve such benefits, it is important to maintain a healthy performance. Now, when it comes to cricket, who does not like to see a batsman like Kohli hitting a six? All of us do! However, just as hitting a 6 is important, it is also crucial that the player makes a consistent run rate and keep their performance in check accordingly. Having consistent performance throughout the cricket match as well as during the policy tenure of an insurance policy brings ample benefits.
- Start Early: Whether it’s about buying an insurance plan or starting a career as a cricket professional, it is always better to start early. When it comes to an insurance plan, it is best to do so during the 20s when there are fewer responsibilities and it is more convenient to invest in an insurance plan at an affordable premium. In cricket too, having a good start is helpful in achieving the target efficiently. Thus, be it insurance or cricket, you should always focus on starting early and achieving better results in the long run.
- Be Prepared For Uncertainties: Life is full of uncertainties and thus to be prepared against such situations in advance, it is best to invest in insurance plans like a life insurance plan. With a life insurance plan, you can get protection from such unexpected events as well as enjoy maturity benefits. Likewise, in a cricket match also, all players need to be well-prepared against uncertainties and gear up accordingly.
So, stay protected against uncertainties with the best insurance plans. You can also explore a bunch of insurance plans on InsuranceDekho and get the right plan for yourself and your team i.e. your family.