There are several benefits that the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan has to offer, such as the following:
- Death Benefits: In case the policyholder dies during the policy tenure, then a death benefit is provided. So, if the policyholder dies before the maturity of the policy, then a death benefit which is equivalent to the sum assured is provided to the beneficiaries of the policyholder. If the policyholder pays all the premiums on time, then 125% of the sum assured is paid out as a death benefit. On the other hand, if the policyholder dies after the tenure of the policy tenure, then the basic sum assured is provided.
- Maturity Benefit: If the policyholder survives the policy tenure, then the maturity benefit is paid out to the policyholder. The maturity benefit is paid out either in a lump sum manner or in installments. The installment period can vary as follows 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years.
- Bonus Benefits: Based on the profits earned by Life Corporation of India or LIC, the bonus is paid out to the policyholder. In form of a revisionary bonus, the policyholder is paid out bonus benefit. However, the bonus benefit is not guaranteed and solely depends on the profits earned by LIC.
- Tax Benefits: As specified in sections 80 C and 80 D of the Income Tax Act of 1961, tax benefits are paid out to the policyholder. Both on the premium that is paid and claims received, tax exemptions are paid out to the policyholder.
- Surrender Benefit: A surrender benefit is given to the policyholder if he/she decides to terminate the policy due to any reason. Once the policy turns 2 years old, then both surrender benefits and paid-up value is given out to the policyholder. This means that after 2 years, some benefits based on the premium paid are given to the policyholder.
- Revival of lapsed policy: In case you fail to pay the policy premium on time after 5 years of the completion of the LIC Jeevan Anand Policy, then the policyholder can still revive the policy. This is the revival benefit paid out to policyholders.
- Rider benefits: In order to claim an extra amount and enhance the plan benefits, then you can also add different riders to the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan. There are four different riders that you can add, LIC Accidental Death and Disability Benefit, LIC Accident Benefit Rider, LIC New Term Assurance Rider, and LIC New Critical Illness Benefit Rider.
Key Inclusions and Exclusions of the Plan
What's Not Included
- There are certain exclusions to the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan as listed below: In case the policyholder committed suicide within 12 months of the policy and dies, then there 80% of the premium paid to date is returned to the beneficiary of the policyholder. If the tenure exceeds 12 months, then a greater than 80% of the premium paid is given.
FAQs on LIC Jeevan Anand Health Insurance Plan
What is the maximum sum assured limit under the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan?
There is no limit to the maximum sum assured under the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan. However, the minimum sum assured is 1 lakh.
What is the premium paying frequency of the LIC Jeevan Anand plan?
The premium paying frequency of the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan can be done on an annual, half-quarterly, quarterly, or monthly basis.
What are the minimum and maximum entry age of the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan?
The minimum and maximum entry age of the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan are 18 years and 50 years respectively.
What is the maximum policy tenure of LIC Jeevan Anand Plan?
The maximum policy tenure of the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan is 35 years.
Can I get tax benefits with the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan?
Yes, you can get tax benefits with the LIC Jeevan Anand Plan.
Life Insurance News
Find out how to pay for LIC life insurance premiums in the s...26 April 2023
Track your LIC policy status easily with the LIC Policy Trac...25 January 2023
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) offers a varie...10 January 2023
A single insurance endowment plan is a one-time payment insu...04 April 2022
The Life Corporation of India (LIC) has devised a strategy f...26 March 2022