Best bikes under 60,000 in India 2023
Updated On Oct 16, 2023
Top 5 Bikes Under Rs. 60,000 in India 2023, Price & Specs
In the bustling landscapes of India, where the streets are eternally alive with activities, owning a budget-friendly and efficient two-wheeler is not just a convenience but a necessity for many. With fuel prices skyrocketing, the demand for economical bikes under 60,000 INR is on the rise, offering commuters affordable, efficient, and dependable riding options. Let’s delve into the various available models in this price range to find the best bike under 60000!
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Bikes under 60,000
- How to Choose the Right Bike for Under ₹60,000?
- Final Thoughts
Top 5 Bikes under 60,000
If you’re looking for bikes under Rs 50000 to Rs 60000, here are some of the top options to consider.
1. TVS Radeon | Starting from: ₹ 59,900
With a starting price of just INR 59,900, the TVS Radeon makes for an excellent choice for riders looking for a reliable daily commuter. Below are some key features that make it stand out:
- Design: The TVS Radeon boasts a robust, sturdy look with a premium chrome finish, giving it a unique and attractive appearance.
- Engine: Powered by a 109.7 cc Dura-Life engine, it generates 8.08 bhp and 8.7 Nm of torque. This air-cooled, single-cylinder engine provides a smooth and pleasant riding experience.
- Mileage: Efficiency is one of Radeon’s strong suits, offering an impressive mileage of approximately 73.68 kmpl.
- Comfort: The bike comes with a comfortable, well-cushioned seat, making it ideal for long rides. Its telescopic oil-damped front suspension and 5-step adjustable rear hydraulic shock absorber ensure a bump-free ride on Indian roads.
- Additional Features: TVS Radeon is equipped with Synchronized Braking Technology, which enhances its safety profile. The larger 18-inch wheels offer better stability, and the high ground clearance of 180mm is perfect for navigating through various terrains without hassle.
The combination of efficiency, reliability, and style, all bundled at an attractive price, makes the TVS Radeon a commendable option for riders on a budget.
2. Bajaj Platina 100 | Starting from: ₹ 59,300
The Bajaj Platina 100 is another fantastic option for individuals who are looking for a daily commuter bike without breaking the bank. Here’s a glimpse into its noteworthy features:
- Engine: The Platina 100 comes with a 102 cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, air-cooled engine. It offers a power of 7.7 bhp and a torque of 8.3 Nm, providing sufficient thrust for city commutes.
- Mileage: With an excellent mileage of around 80 kmpl, the Platina 100 is exceptionally fuel-efficient, making it an ideal choice for daily commuters.
- Comfort: The bike features a long and comfortable seat with a 'Comfortec' suspension setup that provides a smooth ride even on bumpy roads.
- Safety: The bike comes with drum brakes at both ends, accompanied by CBS (Combi-Brake System) for added safety.
- Design: With sleek styling and alloy wheels, the Platina 100 doesn’t compromise on aesthetics while maintaining its economical positioning.
3. TVS Sport | Starting from: ₹ 58,900
TVS Sport is a popular choice amongst riders who are looking for an affordable yet dependable two-wheeler:
- Engine: Powered by a 109.7 cc engine, TVS Sport churns out a power of 8.18 bhp and 8.7 Nm of torque. The engine is known for its durability and reliability for everyday use.
- Mileage: One of the major highlights of TVS Sport is its remarkable mileage of up to 95 kmpl, making it one of the most fuel-efficient bikes in its category.
- Design: The bike features a sporty and sleek design with sharp graphics, making it visually appealing to a wide range of buyers.
- Comfort: TVS Sport comes with a comfortable and broad cushioned seat, and its suspension system is adept at providing a comfortable ride in various road conditions.
- Safety: With drum brakes at both the front and rear, the TVS Sport ensures that the rider has adequate stopping power.
4. Hero HF Deluxe | Starting from: ₹ 54,600
Hero HF Deluxe is a trusted name in the entry-level commuter segment, making it a go-to choice for many riders due to its efficient performance and affordability:
- Engine: Sporting a 97.2 cc, air-cooled, 4-stroke single-cylinder OHC engine, it generates 8.02 bhp of power and 8.05 Nm of torque.
- Mileage: Known for its stellar fuel efficiency, Hero HF Deluxe delivers an impressive mileage of around 83 kmpl.
- Comfort: The bike offers a comfortable upright riding posture, with telescopic hydraulic shock absorbers in the front and a 2-step adjustable hydraulic shock absorber at the rear.
- Safety: With drum brakes at the front and rear, the HF Deluxe ensures a safe riding experience.
- Design: With minimalist yet stylish design elements, the bike appeals to riders who prefer a simple and elegant look.
5. Bajaj CT 100 | Starting from: ₹ 32,000
Bajaj CT 100 is one of the most economical options in the Indian motorcycle market, providing excellent value for money:
- Engine: The CT 100 houses a 102 cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder, natural air-cooled engine, delivering 7.9 bhp of power and 8.34 Nm of torque. This engine is quite robust and reliable for daily commuting.
- Mileage: The motorcycle boasts an outstanding mileage of approximately 90 kmpl, which is highly beneficial for daily commuters to save on fuel expenses.
- Comfort: With a comfortable seat and an effective suspension system, the CT 100 ensures a smooth ride, even on uneven terrains.
- Safety: It is equipped with drum brakes at both ends, providing efficient braking performance and added safety.
- Design: Though designed with functionality in mind, the CT 100 doesn’t compromise on aesthetics, offering a sleek appearance with clean lines and a classic silhouette.
How to Choose the Right Bike for Under ₹60,000?
When it comes to selecting a bike within the ₹60,000 range, it's crucial to consider various factors to ensure that you are making an informed and sensible decision. This budget is highly competitive, with many manufacturers offering models that aim to deliver value for money.
1. Understand Your Requirement:
- Commuting: If your primary use is commuting, look for bikes that offer excellent mileage and comfort.
- Short Rides: For short, everyday rides, consider lightweight and easy-to-handle bikes.
Bikes in this price range are usually bought for daily commuting, so mileage should be a top priority. Look for models that offer the best fuel efficiency to save on daily fuel expenses.
3. Maintenance Cost:
Understand the maintenance cost of the bike. A bike that is budget-friendly but has high maintenance costs won't be economical in the long run.
4. Brand Reliability:
Opt for brands that are known for their reliability and after-sales service. Brands like Hero, Bajaj, and TVS have a robust network of service centres across India.
5. User Reviews & Ratings:
Online platforms provide user reviews and ratings which can be highly informative. Real users often share their experiences, pros, and cons which can guide your decision.
6. Insurance & Warranty:
Check the warranty and insurance policies provided by the manufacturer. A good warranty period and comprehensive insurance coverage are signs of brand confidence in their product.
7. Resale Value:
Bikes that hold their value well are a good investment, as you can sell them for a reasonable price if you decide to upgrade later.
8. Test Ride:
Always take a test ride to understand the comfort, handling, and performance of the bike. It helps you gauge whether the bike suits your riding style and comfort.
Before making the purchase, take time to do thorough research and compare different models based on the above criteria. Sometimes spending a little more initially can save you money in the long term, so consider your options carefully. And most importantly, choose a bike that you’ll enjoy riding every day!
- Which is the best bike under ₹60,000 in India for daily commuting?
- For daily commuting, bikes like TVS Radeon, Bajaj Platina 100, and Hero HF Deluxe are excellent choices due to their fuel efficiency and comfort.
- Is it possible to get a bike with good mileage under ₹60,000?
- Absolutely! Bikes in this price range are often designed for daily commuting, and manufacturers focus on providing high mileage to attract consumers.
- Can I find a bike with a warranty under ₹60,000?
- Most bikes in this price bracket come with a standard warranty from the manufacturer, usually ranging from 2 to 5 years.
- Are spare parts easily available for bikes priced under ₹60,000?
- Bikes from well-known brands like Hero, Bajaj, and TVS have widely available spare parts due to their extensive service network across India.
- Can I buy a bike under ₹60,000 with electric start features?
- Yes, many bikes in this price range offer electric start as either a standard feature or an optional add-on.
- How can I ensure the bike I choose has low maintenance costs?
- Opt for brands known for reliability and durability. Reading user reviews and consulting with current owners can also provide insights into a bike's maintenance costs.
- What should be my top priority when selecting a bike under ₹60,000?
- Mileage should be a top consideration, along with low maintenance costs and a comfortable ride for daily commuting.
- Do bikes under ₹60,000 come with insurance coverage?
- Bikes are typically sold with a mandatory third-party insurance cover, but it’s advisable to opt for comprehensive insurance for better protection.
- Is it advisable to buy a second-hand bike if I have a budget of ₹60,000?
- While you can explore second-hand options, several new bikes in this price range offer excellent value, warranty, and the assurance of a brand-new vehicle.
- How do I check the real-time mileage of bikes under ₹60,000?
- Real-time mileage can be best assessed by taking a test ride and reading user reviews from reliable online platforms and forums. Test rides give you a feel for the bike's performance and efficiency under actual riding conditions.