Want To Check Your LIC Policy Status? Know How To Do That!
Published On Jan 06, 2022 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Checking the status of your policy is just as vital as purchasing it. In today's hectic world, it's all too easy to forget about premium payments, and even the grace period might be ignored. To avoid this, make sure you regularly review your life insurance policy and are informed of any upcoming premium payments.
It used to take a trip to a branch office or a phone call to check on the status of one's LIC insurance.
Checking the status of your policy is now just a click away, according to the insurer's web platform, which provides a number of services. Customers can also utilise LIC's mobile services to check on the status of their insurance or pay their premiums. When phoning customer service or checking your status online, be sure you have your insurance number available.
What Is The Best Way To Check Your LIC Policy Status On The Internet?
Users can examine information regarding premium payments, group plans, earned bonuses, and more by signing onto the LIC India website with their username and password. If you're a registered user, you can check the status of your LIC insurance by following the procedures below:
- Go to Customer Portal under Online Services on the LIC India website.
- It'll take you to the login screen, where you'll need to pick "Registered User" from the drop-down selection.
- To start the session, enter your username, date of birth, and password in the fields given, then click Go.
- This will take you to a page where you can view all of the policy tools available to registered clients.
- Now, from the drop-down option, select View Enrolled Policies.
- This will lead you to a page listing all of the insurance you've purchased, along with the date, premium amount, and vested bonuses.
Checking the status of a LIC policy through SMS
LIC is one of the most well-known insurance companies, and it has a long history of providing excellent client service. The LIC's SMS service is an example of a solution that aims to make all processes more transparent and keep clients informed throughout the insurance period.
Send ASKLIC followed by the function specific code to 56767877 or 9222492224 from your registered number to check the status of your insurance through SMS.
Why Is It Crucial To Check Your LIC Policy's Status?
Here's why double-checking your LIC policy status is so important:
- At a LIC office, you won't have to stand in line. If you evaluate your insurance on a regular basis, you will also be aware of the interim bonus and other relevant information. You'll see the 'Feedback' option while examining the policy online, which you may use to ask questions and make important suggestions.
- A life insurance policy protects you from unforeseeable tragedies, but it's critical to check on the status of your policy on a regular basis to ensure that it's providing you with the best possible returns. After all, a policy that has run out of coverage is meaningless. Set aside some time today to check yours if you haven't already.
Consumers can use the LIC's online facilities for transactions and complaints. LIC e services provide you access to almost all of the functions that were previously only available at the branch level. Checking policy-related information is one of the options provided by the state-run insurer, with the goal of keeping the user informed about payments and other key occurrences.
Do read - Which ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Plan To Buy?
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.