ABSLI Surgical Care Rider Explained
Published On Aug 13, 2021 12:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
What is Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance ?
Aditya Birla Sun Life is one of the country's most prestigious life insurance firms, which was incorporated on 4 August 2000. Aditya Birla Capital Ltd is a subsidiary (ABCL). The 51:49 Joint Undertaking Aditya Birla Group and Sun Life Financial Inc. Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Surgical Care Rider, offers a wide range of classic term plans, future plans, withdrawal and pension plans and wealth insurance plans, ULIP and health plans. Linked Insurance Plans (ULIPs)
All About ABSLI Surgical Care Rider
An optional cover is provided by Aditya Birla Sun Life Surgical Care Rider for the treatment of surgical costs. The Surgical Care Rider offers the policyholder with a lump payment to cover his expenses in the case of hospitalisation. Surgical Care Rider provides optional cover to families in already tight situations to put their financial concerns under control.
Key Highlights of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Surgical Care Rider Surgical Care Rider
Here are some of the many key features of Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Surgical Care Rider:
- Optional cover Only available at the time of the issue of the policy The additional premium is available at an affordable rate Minimum age - 18 years to 65 years maximum age – 70 years Maximum age of entry - Same as that of the base plan or until a life insured reaches 70 years age (minimum 5 years, maximum 52 years)
- Disposal solely on time of issue of policy The minimum age of admission is 18 years to 65 years maximum entry age – 70 years at an affordable extra premium rate
- Rider's term – Same as a Basic Plan or up to the age of 70 (minimum – 5 years, maximum - 52 years) – Same as a Basic Pay Plan – Similar to a Basic Pay Plan – Rs. 1,5 (minimum) Rs. 15 Lakh (maximum), subject to 100 per cent of assured amount in the Basic Plan Sum assured Sum – Sum assured – Rs. 1,5 lakh (maximum) RSP.
- Time of waiting - 90 days for all benefits specific waiting period - 2 years for the criteria mentioned
- The grace period always depends on the Basic scheme period of the policy.
Key Advantages of ABSLI Surgical Care Rider
The Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Surgical Care Rider provides a plethora of benefits to its customers. Here are the major benefits are:
- If the policyholder is hospitalised for a minimum of 24 hours before undergoing a medically necessary surgery and then undergoes the surgery, they will get a lump sum benefit.
- The policyholder can select a benefit amount between Rs. 3,000 and Rs. 30,000. It should be remembered that the rider total assured is 50 times greater than the benefit amount.
- The benefit provided to the insured varies as per the surgery’s timing, cruciality, success rate etc.
- The mileage reimbursement is 5 times the chosen benefit amount in the case of severe surgery (directly involving the brain, heart, liver, or lung). In the case of other surgeries, the benefit is equivalent to the amount selected as the benefit.
- In one policy year, a policyholder can claim up to ten times the chosen benefit amount. Furthermore, customers can claim up to 50 times the chosen benefit amount over the course of the coverage.
The Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Surgical Care Rider Surgical Care Rider is unquestionably a lifeline for any policyholder in need. What more do you need when the rider is covering your costs in the times of dire emergency, providing you multiple benefits including tax exemptions. This rider is worth adding to your insurance policy in case you are thinking of buying a rider.
Also read - How Riders Help In Enhancing The Life Insurance Cover
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.