Why Should I Choose ICICI Prudential Life Insurance?
Updated On Dec 03, 2021
Table of Contents
ICICI Prudential Life is one of the top players in the life insurance sector. Company's product portfolio ranges from long term saving to financial protection products meeting different life stage requirements of its customers. The company aims to provide cost effective products, good supervision of assets and funds under its management and a hassle free claim settlement experience for its valued customers. It is also the first insurance company which has been listed on National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange.
Interesting facts about ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd
- ICICI Prudential Life is the first private life insurance company to attain assets under management of 1 trillion
- Assets Under Management (AUM) as on 31st March 2017 were Rs. 1,229.19 billion.
- The company issued 1 lakh policies in the first year of operations.
- The company has a healthy claim settlement ratio of above 90% in the last five years.
Features of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Plans
- Comprehensive life cover on the payment of affordable premium
- Includes both Death Benefit and Maturity/Survival Benefit
- Serves the dual purpose of life cover and investment, enabling you to plan multiple financial objectives well in advance
- Tax benefits applicable on premium payment as per Section 80C and maturity benefits under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- Life insurance retirement plans help you to strategically plan your retirement fund.
- Offers a free look Period of – (i) 15 days from the date of receiving the ICICI Prudential Life Insurance policy, if the policy has not been purchased through Distance Marketing, and (ii) 30 days from the date of receiving the policy, in case of electronic policy purchase or is purchased through Distance Marketing
Benefits of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- The plans offer comprehensive life cover with low cost online Term Insurance plans.
- Life insurance helps you to meet your dual needs of life cover & investment .
- Life insurance also helps in getting tax benefits on premium payment .
- Life insurance retirement plans help you strategically plan your retirement fund.
Life Insurance Plans Offered by ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- Ulip Plans
- Savings Plans
- Retirement Plans
- Health Plans
- Child Plans
- Term Plan
Documents Required For ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
Mandatory documents for death claim:
- Claimant's statement / Claim intimation form
- For Lender Borrower Group (only for Credit Life policies) - Claimant's statement / Claim intimation form
- For Affinity / Employer-Employee Group - Claimant's statement / Claim intimation form
- Copy of Death certificate issued by Local Municipal Authority
- Copy of Claimant's Photo Identification Proof & Current Address Proof
- Cancelled Cheque
Additional documents for non-accidental death:
- Copy of Medical Legal Cause of Death Certificate
- Copy of Medical Records (Admission Notes, Discharge/ Death Summary, Test Reports etc.)
- Medical Attendant's/ Hospital Certificate to be filled by the treating doctor
- Certificate from Employer (for salaried individuals)
Additional documents for accidental death:
- Copy of FIR/Panchnama/Inquest Report and Post Mortem Report for accidental death & suicide cases
- Copy of Driving License if Life Assured was driving the vehicle at the time of accident (Applicable if 'Accident and Disability Benefit Rider' is opted)
- Critical Illness Claim, ICICI Pru Heart / Cancer Protect Claim, Major Surgical Assistance Benefit Rider Claim, Accidental Death Benefit Rider or other Rider Claim
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance has got an impressive range of insurance products to offer to cater to the individual needs of different customers. The track record of the company with regards to service is one of the best in the industries. With a healthy claim settlement ratio and simple claim process, it is one of the best life insurers operating in the Indian life insurance market today.
Also read - Top 5 LIC Policies To Invest In 2022
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.