Is SBI Term Insurance Plan Good?
Updated On Sep 09, 2021
Table of Contents
SBI Term Insurance is one of SBI Life Insurance Company's most popular term insurance policies. SBI Life is a joint venture between India's largest public sector bank, State Bank of India, and BNP Paribas Cardif, a global investment firm. In the following article, you will learn everything there is to know about SBI term insurance plans and decide for yourself if they are good for you or not.
What are the Benefits of a SBI Term Insurance Plans?
The most common benefits of a SBI term insurance plan are as follows.
- Financial Security - These plans give financial security to the family of a deceased policyholder, eliminating the weight of financial obligations such as mortgages or student loans from being passed on to the next generation.
- Accessible - SBI's term insurance plans are simple to use and can be purchased both online and offline. Term insurance policies begin as soon as the first premium is paid.
- Affordable - The premiums for these term insurance plans are cheap and affordable, making them accessible to people from all walks of life. Premium payment arrangements in either single or regular pay are also available with the plans.
- Rider Benefits - Riders, such as accidental death benefits, are available for purchase with the term insurance plan for an inexpensive premium payment.
- Tax Benefits - Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act of 1961, the premiums paid for these term insurance plans are eligible for tax benefits.
What are the Types of SBI Term Insurance Plans?
SBI Life Insurance has a number of term insurance options to choose from. Some of them are mentioned below.
SBI Life eShield Plan
This is SBI Life's standard term-life insurance plan, featuring an Accidental Death Benefit option. It's a straightforward death benefit plan. In the event of the insured's death within the policy period, SBI will pay the Sum Assured to the nominee.
SBI Life Saral Shield Plan
Level Term Assurance and Decreasing Term Assurance (Loan Protection / Family Income Protection) are two simple term life plans with different payout choices. You can add two extra riders to this plan from SBI Life: Accidental Death Benefit and Total Permanent Disability.
SBI Life Grameen Plan
The term plan is a type of micro-insurance. This plan is intended to give life insurance to those who are socially and economically disadvantaged. The minimum and maximum ages are 18 and 50, respectively. The policy has a 5-year term. At the end of the insurance term, the insured must be at least 70 years old.
SBI Life Smart Shield Plan
SBI offers a basic term-life insurance plan with optional Riders. Accidental Death Rider, Total and Permanent Rider, and Criti Care 13 Non-Linked Rider are all options. In the event of the insured's untimely death during the policy term, SBI will pay the Sum Assured to the nominee. When it comes to premiums, payments, and customising with riders, this plan offers a lot more options.
Is SBI Term Insurance Plan Good?
SBI Term Insurance is a pure term insurance plan that provides enough financial security for family dependents at a low cost. The plan is easy to comprehend and may be obtained without difficulty online. SBI Life Insurance offers a large network of branches across India that provide consumers with convenient service and reach. SBI Life Insurance also boasts a straightforward claim process and a high claim settlement ratio, making it a wise investment for your financial security.
Also read: SBI Term Insurance Plans For Senior Citizens
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.