How To Link Aadhaar With Your Life Insurance?
Updated On Jul 02, 2021
Table of Contents
The Aadhaar linking is applicable for all the 33 general insurance companies and 24 life insurance companies, across the country. This move will create a unified platform for all the financial services and also bolster the government's digitization initiative. Though the procedure may be tedious initially, in the long run, will provide unprecedented benefits by preventing fraudulent acts and streamlining all the KYC process.
To help the policyholders, the insurance companies like general insurers, health insurers, motor insurers and life insurers are constantly sending notifications. There are two ways to link Aadhaar with insurance, including online and offline.
How to Link an Aadhaar Number With An Insurance Policy via Online Mode?
Linking an insurance policy with an Aadhaar number online is convenient and saves a lot of time. You should ensure to link your mobile number and Aadhaar before trying to link your insurance policy with Aadhaar. However, for registered and non-registered users, the process to link is different.
Registered User: A registered user should follow the simple steps to complete the linking process:
- Visit the customer service portal of the following insurance company
- Add all the Aadhaar details in the respective boxes
- Double-check and submit
- A one-time password (OTP) gets generated on the Aadhaar registered mobile number
- Enter the Aadhar number to get the Aadhaar linked to the insurance policy
Non-Registered User: The non-registered policyholders should abide by the following steps to map Aadhar and insurance policy:
- Visit the insurance company’s website
- Enter the details like PAN, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail ID, policy number, and finally Aadhaar number
- Upon entering the Aadhar number, an OTP is sent to the registered phone number
- Type the OTP, in the given box
- On entering the OTP, the Aadhar card and insurance policy is linked
Linking Aadhaar with Insurance Policy via Offline Mode
Seeding Aadhaar and insurance policy are easy and a policyholder can easily accomplish the task by following few simple steps:
- Visit the nearest branch office of the insurance company or contact the insurance agent
- Don’t forget to carry the Aadhar card and a self-attested copy of the 12-digit unique identification card
- Submit it to the officer to get the Aadhar and insurance policy linked
New applicants are mandated to quote their aadhar id and PAN while filling up the proposal form. It is mandatory to quote your PAN for policies where the annual premium exceeds Rs. 50,000. You will just require your life insurance policy number, your Customer Id, your Aadhaar card and your PAN card for the linking.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.