Saral Jeevan Bima And Its Various Benefits Uncovered
Published On Oct 12, 2021 10:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
The demand for pure term insurance has increased, owing to the uncertainty that life has thrown our way in the light of the deadly pandemic. Owing to the pandemic, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) directed that all insurance providers provide a standard term life insurance policy called Saral Jeevan Bima with standardized rules and regulations. The guidelines, terms, and conditions of the policy are clear. As a result, it is simple for the insurance buyer to comprehend and make an educated decision.
Since this policy must be provided on a mandatory basis to everyone, it may also be considered a trust-building tool between the insurance holder and provider. There are fewer possibilities of the policy being misunderstood.
Like any other term plan, Saral Bima Yojana will offer a sum assured to the nominee in the event of the policyholder's untimely death during the policy term. Insurers may prefix their names with Saral Jeevan Bima.
14 Benefits of Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana
Here's a list of benefits offered by Saral Jeevan Bima:
1. It is a pure protection plan that will pay the sum assured amount to the nominee in the event of the insured's accidental death within the policy's term. It is a non-linked, non-participating term life insurance plan. There will be no maturity benefit or surrender value granted since this is pure-term insurance.
2. Another significant advantage of Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana is that it is a free access policy that does not rely on eligibility criteria such as gender, occupation, class, etc.
3. Several term insurance plans are available for policyholders to choose from, making the selection process difficult for consumers. However, Saral Jeevan Bima is an obvious choice since it contains easy-to-understand and straightforward guidelines.
4. This policy is similar to 'Aarogya Sanjeevani' and does not vary depending on the insurance companies. The insurance will have the same features, exclusions, inclusions, and benefits across. Just the claim settlement rates, costs, and service standards of insurance may vary.
5. The policy's minimum and maximum enrollment ages are 18 and 65, respectively. The minimum policy term period is five years, while the maximum policy term duration is 40 years. The minimum maturity age is not given; however, the maximum maturity age is 70 years.
6. The minimum amount will be Rs 5 lakh, and the highest amount would be Rs 25 lakh, based on the needs and scenario. The premium payment choice will range from regular pay to limited pay for 5 to 10 years.
7. Suppose the policyholder dies during the policy term. In that case, the highest often the annualized premium, 105% of the total premium paid as of the date of death, or the absolute amount guaranteed at the event of unexpected death will be payable to the nominee.
8. This policy has a 45-day waiting period starting from the policy commencement. The waiting period will not apply during policy revival. If the nominee dies within the waiting period, the nominee will receive a payment equivalent to 100 percent of the premium paid, minus taxes, with no lump sum, assured.
9. The benefits of Saral Jeevan Bima Yojana also cover additional benefits in the form of rider benefits, which lead to increasing the policy's coverage. Saral Jeevan Bima's benefits include paying an additional premium on top of their basic premium plan.
10. One thing to keep in mind while buying this policy is that no loan will be authorized against it, and there will be no maturity benefit.
11. The payment method is annually and half-yearly, with a monthly option for ECS/NACH and a single premium payable in a lump sum.
12. As the coverage is accessible without a medical examination, there are no specific procedures to carry it out. It is a plan that a person is entitled to since the individual's health takes precedence above all other considerations.
13. Tax benefits are also available, just as with any other term insurance plan. The Income Tax Act of 1961 governs these tax deductions. The policy is eligible for tax benefits under Section 80C and 10(10)D.
14. Insurance providers usually require living proof or proof of income for term plans. However, no proof is needed to acquire this standard term plan.
Saral Jeevan Bima Life Insurance is a one-stop solution to all your financial needs. Choosing a Saral Jeevan Yojana is one of the simplest and wisest choices to make. Being one of the most widely available standard term insurance plans directed by the government, it provides an assortment of benefits no matter which insurance provider you choose. All you have to do is observe its benefits, features, and other necessary details to see if it fits your needs or not, and you're good to go.