Understanding YSR Pension Kanuka Plan
Published On Jan 02, 2022, Updated On Jan 04, 2022
Table of Contents
The Government of Andhra Pradesh announced the YSR Pension Kanuka as a part of social welfare measures to reduce the hardships of the poor and vulnerable sections of the society. It aims at securing a dignified life for the poor and vulnerable sections, especially the widows, old age persons and persons with disability.
Incentives are provided to the socio-economic backward people of the State of Andhra Pradesh through this pension scheme. A fixed amount of pension is given to the backward community in Andhra Pradesh State. The State provides a pension amount for the smooth functioning of the life of the socio-economic backward people.
Types of Pension Covered Under YSR Pension Kanuka
The types of pension covered under the YSR Pension Kanuka are as follows:
- Old age pension.
- Widow pension.
- Weavers pension.
- Transgender pension.
- Disabled pension.
- Toddy tappers pension.
- Fisherman pension.
- ART (AntiRetroviral Therapy) pension.
- Single women pension.
- Traditional cobblers pension.
- Chronic Kidney Disease of Unknown etiology (CKDU) pension.
- Dappu artists pension.
Eligibility Criteria For YSR Pension Kanuka
The eligibility criteria under YSR Pension Kanuka is as follows:
- The applicant is from a BPL family, having a white ration card.
- The applicant should not be covered under any other pension scheme.
- The applicant should be a local resident of the district.
- The age criteria for the applicants to receive pension are different according to the type of pension.
Age Criteria For The Different Types Of Pensions
The different age criteria for the different type of pensions are as follows:
- Old age pension – 60 years or above with no means of subsistence.
- Weavers pension – 50 years or above and destitute.
- Widow pension – 18 years or above.
- Toddy toppers pension – 50 years or above.
- Transgender pension – 18 years or above.
- Fisherman pension – 50 years or above.
- Traditional cobblers pension – 40 years or above.
- Dappu artists pension – 50 years or above.
- Single women pension –
- 35 years or above for the married woman who is separated or deserted for more than one year.
- 30 years or above for the unmarried woman in rural areas and 35 years or above in urban areas with no support from family.
- CKDU pension – No age limit but applicants must be undergoing CKDU.
- ART pension – No age limit but applicants must be undergoing six months of continuous treatment on ART.
- Disabled pension – No age limit but applicants must have a minimum of 40% disability.
Pension Amount under YSR Pension Kanuka
The pension amount provided is as follows:
- For old-age, widow, single women, weavers, toddy tappers, traditional cobblers, ART pension and People Living with HIV (PLHIV) and fisherman – Rs.2,250 per month.
- For transgender, disabled and dappu artists pension – Rs.3,000 per month.
- For CKDU pensions – Rs.10,000 per month.
The pension is disbursed by the MPDO (Municipal Planning And Development Office) in the rural areas and Municipal Office in the urban areas to the eligible beneficiaries. The pension amount is disbursed by the MPDO and municipal office to the panchayat/ward, and the panchayat/ward disburses it to the beneficiaries either manually or online.
Application for YSR Pension Kanuka
The process to apply for YSR Pension Kanuka is as follows:
- Visit the official website of YSR Navasakam Portal and click on the ‘Download’ option on the top of the homepage. When clicked on the ‘Download’ option, five options are displayed below, and the last option is ‘YSR Pension Kanuka’.
- Under the ‘YSR Pension Kanuka’ option, click on the ‘Download’ button. When clicked on the ‘Download’ button, the YSR Pension Kanuka form will get downloaded to the system.
- Take a print out of the downloaded YSR Pension Kanuka form.
- Fill the YSR Pension Kanuka form, attach the required documents, and submit it to the concerned department/authority.
Documents Required For YSR Pension Kanuka
- Aadhaar card.
- BPL ration card.
- Residence proof.
- Identity proof or birth certificate.
- Bank passbook.
- inline CTA
- Get an expert at affordable price
- For ITR, GST returns, Company Registration, Trademark Registration, GST Registration
The Government of Andhra Pradesh has introduced the YSR Pension Kanuka Scheme with a view to ensure a secure and dignified life for all the poor people in Andhra Pradesh. This scheme is meant to protect the most vulnerable sections of society and provide pension in the following 12 different categories.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.