Compare & Buy Car, Bike and Health Insurance Online - InsuranceDekho
Claim, renew, manage & moreLogin
  Hurry Up!
Save tax in 80C by purchasing a Life Insurance Today View Plan

Retirement Planning: Why Should I Start Investing Today?

Updated On Oct 06, 2022

How do you plan for retirement? It is the procedure of figuring out how much money you want to accumulate for your  retirement and what steps you need to take to get there. Once you know how much you want to save for retirement, you'll need to figure out how to earn enough money to save that much. You'll also need to research and decide between several retirement savings and investing options.

Retirement Planning: Why Should I Start Investing Today?

Retirement Planning: Why Should I Start Investing Today?

The following are the reasons why planning for retirement is a good idea and why now is the right time to start:

Planning for retirement ensures that you will have a steady source of income when you retire.

As we get older, we start to lose the ability to make money. As we get older, we also lose the strength to do hard jobs. This is why we need to know where our money will come from when we can't work. After you retire, Social Security will only pay for 40% of your costs. So tell me where you policy to get the other 60%. Even worse, because the current reserves are running out, the benefits from social security could be cut even more.

The Golden Years of Retirement Could Last a Very Long Time for You.

In the US, the average age at which people die is 78, so there's a good possibility you might very well live for many years after you retire. Financial experts suggest preparing for a retirement that will last at least 20 years and that you outlive that prediction by a significant margin. That's a very long time to be poor.

People who have kids may very well be able to stay with them, but this is frequently a very stressful situation. Your children might feel like they have to pay too much to take care of you. Investing in one's retirement when one still has both the time and resources to do so is a wise decision.

Accumulate Compound Interest

Because of the power of compound interest, you should get a head start on planning for your retirement as soon as you possibly can. The longer you save, the more money will be in your retirement fund. This is because the interest you receive is put back into the account every year.

Think about two people of the same age who have different plans for their money. When you get your first job at 24, you put Rs. 5000 a month into a retirement account. The other person doesn't start to save until they are 30.

You Can Reduce Your Tax Liability

You can also save a lot of money on taxes if you start planning for your retirement now. The interest accrued in these accounts is reinvested annually without being subject to taxation. The money saved on taxes over 20 or 30 years might add up to thousands of rupees. This money is what you'll need to pay for your retirement.

Expenses Go Up As You Get Older

Your insurance rates will go up as you age. This is the time when you need your health insurance the most. Because of this, it's important to have money saved for retirement to pay for any medical treatments that neither Medicare nor your insurance company will cover.

You'll also need to set aside money for a more specialised diet, vitamins and supplements, and things like wheelchairs and crutches. Remember that you won't be able to move around as much as you used to. So, they may be required to pay for servants, doctors, drivers, caretakers, etc.


There is not the slightest justification for you to put off beginning to plan for your retirement at this point. It might take decades for even the greatest retirement strategies to bear fruit. Therefore, the earlier you begin, the larger your retirement savings will be when it's time for you to retire. Your future self will be grateful to you for whatever decisions you make right now that simplify their lives and make them easier in the future.

Also Read: A Quick Guide to the New Pension Scheme


This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.

Popularly Opted Term Insurance Sum Assured

People Also Read

Must BuyMust Buy

Why to Buy Life Insurance Policy Online from InsuranceDekho

  • Tax benefit upto 1,50,000*
  • Claim support everyday 10AM-7PM
  • 50 Lacs+ happy customers
Find the right life insurance for you
By clicking, I agree to *terms & conditions  and privacy policy.
Find the right life insurance for you
By clicking, I agree to *terms & conditions  and privacy policy.