How To Check Your Life Insurance Policy Status?
Published On Oct 06, 2021 4:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Previously, the only way to know information about policy status was by visiting the insurer’s branch and making inquiries with a representative of a company. After the digitization of the insurance industry, policyholders have access to many other channels to track the status of their insurance policy from the comfort of their homes. The Life Insurance company offers several means through which you can check the policy status which includes the SMS-based helpline and portal for the registered users. The other way to know the status of the policy is by contacting the insurer’s Customer Care team on their dedicated contact numbers.
How To Check Policy Status On The Website Of A Life Insurance Company?
The registered user can choose to check the status of the insurance policy by directly logging to the website of Life Insurance Company.
In case you are a new user or have just bought your policy, you will first need to complete the process of registration to view information related to your policy.
Steps to be followed by registered users:
- Registered users need to first log in to the insurer’s official website. On the home page, you will see an ‘Online Services’ option, which you will have to click.
- You will then be navigated to a page containing a few options, such as ‘Online Loan’, ‘Customer Portal’, ‘Pay Premium Online’, etc. You must select ‘Customer Portal’.
- After this, you will be redirected to Life Insurance Company’s e-Services webpage. Here, you will have to click on the ‘Registered Users’ tab, which will then take you to the login page.
- After that, you need to give a user ID, password, and date of birth to sign in. Once you have signed in, you will be able to view information about your policy and check the policy status.
- Life Insurance Companies offers its e-Services feature at absolutely no cost to the customer to provide customers on-demand and real-time service.
Steps to be followed by the new user:
In case you are a new user, first, you will need to register yourself by choosing a unique username and password on the website of Life Insurance Company.
How To Track The Status Of The Policy Via SMS?
Another way to check your policy status on-the-go is through the insurer’s SMS-based helpline service. If you are falling short of time or if you are a new user who hasn’t registered on the insurer’s website yet, you can still check the status of your policy and get to know the key policy-related information through the SMS-service.
How To Track The Status Of The Policy By Contacting The Customer Care?
To check your policy status, you can contact the regional offices as well. Apart from letting you know your policy status, you can also avail of other services such as policy-specific information, grievance redressal, or address change. To contact the insurer through the phone, you need to navigate to the ‘Phone Help Line’ page on the insurer’s website.
The insurer categorized various cities and towns for different customer zones. Based on your place of residence, you can view the address, contact number, and email ID of a branch in your city. There is an IVRS facility also given through which customers can get an update regarding the insurance policy.
Terms You Should Be Aware of Before Buying Life Insurance
Understanding The Basics Of Life Insurance
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.