Everything You Need to Know About Surgical Care Rider
Published On Aug 01, 2021 3:00 PM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
The significant majority of us are familiar with the concept of health insurance policies. Its goal is to protect insurers by providing a variety of medical coverage. There are a plethora of policies to choose from, each provided by a different insurance company. The basic policies, on the other hand, may not always cover all of the criteria you have for your insurance coverage. The level of coverage, the benefits supplied, the time period, and so on are all examples of this.
In this instance, insurance riders actually prove to be very useful. These are modifications to the coverage parameters of a general health insurance plan. This is akin to modifying an existing insurance to meet the insurer's needs. The HospiCash Rider and the Surgical Rider are two of the most popular healthcare riders. Read to know more about the Surgical Rider and its benefits.
What Is A Surgical Rider?
If a health or accident insured person is hospitalised, Surgical Rider Insurance provides an additional insurance policy to reimburse hospital costs. Hospitalization, physician counselling, research and clinical trials, ambulance, dialysis, cancer and psychotherapy outpatients are all covered by the reimbursement. Adding a Surgical Rider to your life insurance policy can give you a seamless and financially secure backup in times of need, as well as aid you financially.
Benefits of Buying Surgical Rider
A Surgical Rider is one of the most sought after medical riders as it aims to provide you medical assistance and cover during an emergency. Here are some of the benefits of adding a surgical rider to your policy:
- The insured person can get an immediate cashless hospital in any of the partner hospitals of his medical insurance or life cover policy by showing his insurance card at the reception of the hospital.
- Benefits depending on compensation include:
- The maximum amount that the rider covers is INR 300,000 per day in the Hospital Room service. This is inclusive of all the charges of that particular day.
- The rider bears the cost of doctors, nurses and other care is taken off by the Surgical Care Rider.
- The insurance company makes sure that the patient is treated with the best health care facilities that can be provided under the Surgical Care rider.
- Additional benefits of Surgical Care Rider include paying for the charges of dialysis, cancer chemo therapy and physiotherapy sessions.
- Besides this surgical surgery, pre-stage consultation and post stage consultation is also covered under the facilities provided by the rider.
- Insured ages 6 months to 60 years can add this rider to their life insurance policy.
- The insured person will be provided with protection and rider benefits for riders up to the age of 88.
- This rider also offers you emergency travelling services for insured patients. For example, it covers a part of your expenses in case you need to be airlifted or shifted to another hospital.
The world is changing drastically and no one knows what may happen in the very next moment. You might be well off in a moment and in the next moment, you might meet an accident which could leave you badly injured and might require immediate hospitalisation with a long term care. Even though we would never wish such misfortune for anyone, since these things are unexpected, one must always stay ready for the worst. Adding a Surgical Rider can provide you with a seamless and a financial security backup in times of need and help you monetarily.
Term Insurance Riders And Their Benefits
Types of Illness Covered Under Critical Illness Rider
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.