How to Check SBI Life Insurance Policy Status?
Published On Apr 12, 2021 12:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
The State Bank of India (SBI) offers many life insurance plans for its patrons, that include term insurance plans, unit-linked insurance plans, endowment plans, pension plans, etc. All plans under the SBI are customized to meet the insurance requirements of its clients. Apart from the several benefits offered by the insurance plans by the SBI, the policyholders also get the benefit of easy and hassle-free access to check the status of the policy online. There are several ways to check the premium status of the policy.
Also Read: All About SBI Life Insurance Premium Payment
How to Check SBI Life Insurance Policy Status Online?
Policyholders can check the status of their SBI life insurance plan online, directly at the website of SBI by performing the following steps:
- Visit the official website of the SBI and search for the login option at the top right side corner of the website. Click on the icon and choose the custom option.
- The individual has to register on the portal by entering their birth date, customer ID, and the policy number. In the future, they can log in using the same credentials on the login page.
- After registering the user will be redirected to a new page where they have an option to view all the enrolled policies. Click on the policy to view the details.
- After choosing a particular policy, the user will be presented with all the details of the policy such as enrolment date, premium amount, accrued bonus, etc. By clicking on the policy number, they can also check the status of their policy online.
- Alternatively, the customers can also send an email to the support team of SBI to get the details of their policy instantly.
How to Check SBI Life Insurance Policy Status Offline?
Those who do not have access to the internet can also choose to check the details of the SBI policy plan through SMS and call support. The offline method serves as an excellent alternative to the online method and helps people who have trouble connecting online.
1. Checking the status of the policy through SMS
Those who have bought life insurance policies at SBI can have easy access to every possible detail on their plan through the short message service or SMS. This helps them to save time and energy as they need not visit the SBI office in person. They only have to send an SMS as POLSTATUS (space) policy number to the number 56161 or 9250001848. All the details about their policy will be sent to their mobile number.
2. Checking the Policy Status Over Call
Policyholders can check their policy status by calling the number 1800-425-3800. The customer support service offered by SBI works 24/7 and ensures that their policyholders seek instant updates and information about their policy instantly. While making the call at their toll-free number, it is important to keep all the details about the plan at hand.
Also Read:- Features Of SBI Life ‘Smart Future Choices’ Plan
SBI is a renowned insurance company in India and offers a range of insurance products for its customers. As they follow an easy and hassle-free process of policy handling, it becomes easy to open, maintain, and check the status of a policy instantly.