How to Change Address in LIC Policy?
Published On Apr 19, 2021 12:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Life Insurance Company (LIC) is the biggest life insurance company in India and a household name when it comes for life insurance policies. As important it is to have a life insurance plan, as important it is to keep it updated.
One of the common queries regarding updation of personal details revolves around address change. In this article, we will answer all your queries which you might have regarding the change of address in your LIC policy.
You can follow the simple and easy steps mentioned below to change your residential address in your LIC policy
LIC Address Change - Online Process
To change your address in your policy through online mode follow the given steps:
- Go to the company's website (www.licindia.in).
- Create an account on the website, if you are already registered just login.
- Click 'Enroll Policies' in the left menu and enroll to your policy by filling the accurate details.
- After enrollment , an enrollment form will be generated .Now print a hard copy of this form.
- Visit the nearest LIC branch with this form. The branch officials will verify your form under the required verification process.
- Post-verification enter the company's website and again login .Click update profile option under the customer service link in the right menu.
- Now you can update your address yourself by filling the particulars in the new address bar.
- After updating, submit it and your address gets updated successfully.
You May Also Like To Read:- How To Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online?
LIC Address Change - Offline Process
To change your address in your policy through offline mode follow the given steps:
- Draft a letter to LIC for changing the address for your policy enclosing the policy number for which the address has to be changed, old address, new address with a valid proof.
- Submit this letter to the nearest LIC branch with the copy of your LIC policy.
- The branch officials will verify your address and your letter would be submitted.
- Now your address will be updated by the company in a small period. the company might inform you after the address is updated and you may cross-check it yourself by logging in in at the LIC website.
LIC Address Change Process For NRIs
LIC keeps a dual address record of its NRI clients marking the address of residence as communication address and address in India as permanent address.If you are a non-resident of India and want to update your address then you can simply do it by dropping an email to customer support department of LIC or calling at 923-009-1000 and the company officials will connect to you.
Also Read:- LIC’s Annuity Plan- Types, Features and Benefits