How to Change Address in LIC Policy?
Published On Apr 19, 2021 12:00 AM By InsuranceDekho
Table of Contents
Life Insurance Company or LIC is one of the largest life insurance companies in India. LIC was founded in the year 1956 and since then the company has managed to attract a large number of customers with its insurance policies.
Similar to buying a life insurance policy, staying updated with the plans afterward requires a great deal of consideration. It is also important that you update your correct information from time to time. Many times, people tend to ask about how to update/change personal information like an address. So, if you have a similar query, don’t worry, we have got you covered. Here is a detailed blog that tells you all about how to change your address in LIC Policy.
LIC Address Change - Online Process
The online process of updating the address on the LIC policy involves the following steps:
- Go to the company's website (www.licindia.in).
- Create an account on the website, if you are already registered just login.
- Click 'Enroll Policies' in the left menu and enroll to your policy by filling the accurate details.
- After enrollment , an enrollment form will be generated .Now print a hard copy of this form.
- Visit the nearest LIC branch with this form. The branch officials will verify your form under the required verification process.
- Post-verification enter the company's website and again login .Click update profile option under the customer service link in the right menu.
- Now you can update your address yourself by filling the particulars in the new address bar.
- After updating, submit it and your address gets updated successfully.
You May Also Like To Read:- How To Revive Lapsed LIC Insurance Policy Online?
LIC Address Change - Offline Process
To change your address in your policy through offline mode follow the given steps:
- To change the address for your policy, draft a letter to LIC enclosing the policy number, old address, and new address, along with a valid proof of address.
- Submit this letter to the nearest LIC branch with the copy of your LIC policy.
- The branch officials will verify your address and your letter would be submitted.
- You can now cross-check your address via LIC's website after the address is updated by logging into your account. The company might also inform you after the address is updated.
LIC Address Change Process For NRIs
The address of residence is marked as a communication address and the address in India is marked as a permanent address for the NRI clients of LIC. If you are a non-resident of India and want to update your address then you can simply do it by dropping an email to customer support department of LIC or calling at 923-009-1000 and the company officials will connect to you get the address updated.
So, in case you are willing to get your address updated, the easiest way is to visit your nearest LIC branch. However, while doing so, be aware of frauds who might insist to assist you in getting the address changed. Always get the changes done by an authorised person only.
Also Read:- LIC’s Annuity Plan- Types, Features and Benefits