How Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy helps us avail of the best Ayush Treatment?
Updated On Nov 26, 2020
Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy is a health insurance policy which gives better coverage and provides excellent support in times of need. It covers any medical emergency expenses, and coverages include hospitalization, ICU services, day-care charges, doctor’s consultation, pre, and post-treatment or specialist charges.
Benefits of Arogya Sanjeevani Policy
Here are the benefits of having an Aarogya Sanjeevani policy that one should consider while choosing among various health plans.
- It is a newly-formed standard health insurance policy by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and thus a government initiative.
- It provides cashless hospitalization to the policyholders. This helps in the immediate starting of the treatment. It also prevents last-minute hassle in emergency cases.
- The standard health policy provides coverage for R1 lakh to Rs 5 lakhs while Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy provides coverage starting from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 5 lakhs.
- The premium of the Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy can be paid on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly basis.
- It is relatively cheaper than other policies and gives coverage up to Rs 5 lakhs.
- One can claim a tax benefit according to Section 80 D under the Income-tax Act.
What is Ayush Treatment?
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India states that medical treatments are given under Ayurveda, Yoga, and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy systems are termed as AYUSH treatment. An AYUSH cover would give the coverage for all in-hospitalization expenses. Major policy plans include coverage for AYUSH treatment in which they provide their insured amount in the treatments related to Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, and Siddha systems.
According to the new guideline issued on January 1, Ayush hospitals should have at least 5 Inpatient beds, qualified AYUSH medical practitioners all the time, designated AYUSH therapy sections, operation theatres, and maintain daily records of patients.
How Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy Favours the AYUSH Treatment?
AYUSH treatment is one of the modern treatments covered under the Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy. When an individual opts for alternative treatment other than normal allopathic treatment, then they can avail the AYUSH treatment under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy. With the rise of ailments in today’s era, everyone needs to secure their life with the best available plans that can ensure their safety. Arogya policy provides a great opportunity in doing so. As IRDAI itself formulated this policy, they provide the maximum coverage to Rs 5 lakhs. This helps in the case of sudden medical emergencies. In the case of AYUSH treatment, Arogya Sanjeevani policy provides up to the amount of money insured in the health coverage plan. As per the guidelines by IRDAI, all the records of patients should be provided to health insurance companies to help patients out in their emergencies.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is at the topmost beneficial plans list. Everyone should avail of this policy to get their life secured and avail its amazing benefits. As people choose from a range of various medical treatment, Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy can be a great help for them.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.