Steps Which Will Help Stop the Spread of Coronavirus
Updated On Apr 22, 2021
Coronavirus causes viral infection and affects the nose, sinus, or upper throat. People infected with coronavirus, generally, experience mild to moderate symptoms like cold, cough, fever, headache, etc. These mild to moderate cases do not require any special treatment.
Coronavirus is a highly contaminated disorder. A person infects with COVID-19 when cough or sneezes, the virus gets transmitted through the droplets. These droplets if inhaled by a healthy person can result in getting infected. This chain of transmission goes on until we take some serious measures. Even if a person is COVID positive but does not have flu-like symptoms also spread the virus. Coronavirus transmitted from an infected person stays in the air for three hours. Anyone who comes in contact with such contaminated air would get infected.
People with weak immunity or have any other medical ailments like diabetes or hypertension have a high risk of severity.
Ways to Contain the Spread of Coronavirus
As coronavirus cannot be seen through naked eyes, we need to take proper precautions regularly. Here are some essential measures that one should practice to protect themselves and their family:
1. Wearing a Mask: A person gets infected from coronavirus by breathing contaminated air. This virus enters our body through our nose and mouth. So to protect ourselves, wearing a mask is important for all. Use fabric or surgical mask while going out in public. Even if you are infected, you should wear a mask at home to prevent spreading to other family members.
2. Washing Hands Frequently: The most common carrier of this virus are our hands. Coronavirus when attached to any surfaces gets transferred to our hands and finds its way to our body. To prevent this transfer, always wash your hands after returning home. Avoid touching surfaces like railing, doorknobs, walls in public places.
Also Read: Importance of Health Cover During Covid-19
3. Sanitization: Sanitization is the best possible way to keep the virus at par. Although you cannot always wash your hands, so keep a sanitizer handy while going out. Sanitize your hands and belongings frequently to prevent the spread of coronavirus. We can also sanitize our houses, offices, or vehicles and keep our surrounding virus free.
4. Avoid Crowded Places: The spread of coronavirus increases in crowded places. People who are negligent in taking precautions spread the virus among others. To protect yourself from this deadly virus, try to avoid crowded places. You can reduce the use of public transport or keep a safe distance in public places. Coronavirus transfers through the air so keeping a safe distance would prevent us from getting infected.
5. Social Distancing: A lot of times, we cannot avoid going to public places. In that situation, try to keep a distance of 6 feet. Do not stand or sit very close to people. Try to keep proper distance when standing in a queue.
You May Also Like To Read: Covid-19 Health Insurance Policies
COVID-19 is a contagious and dreadful disease. It can only be prevented if we are cautious while taking precautionary measures. Any kind of negligence would result in affecting our health severely. It is our responsibility to take proper steps that can curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. Health Insurance is a must for every person because the costs of treatment for this new is too high.
Disclaimer: This article is issued in the general public interest and meant for general information purposes only. Readers are advised not to rely on the contents of the article as conclusive in nature and should research further or consult an expert in this regard.