Covid Health Insurance For Family
Health insurance, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, has become the foremost priority for most people. Therefore, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has given a mandate to the insurance companies to offer coverage for the expenses incurred due to the treatment of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Tax BenefitUp to 75000**
- Claim SupportEveryday 10AM-7PM
- 45 Lacs+Happy Customers
*Standard Terms and Conditions Apply.
**Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
There are several general and health insurance companies in the market that offer COVID-19 health insurance plans for families. The cover is not only available for the new policy buyers but also for existing policyholders who were already covered before contracting the disease. COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover the proposer, his/her legally wedded spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law. These plans offer you financial security in case of high medical expenses, thereby keeping you stress-free at all times.
Inclusions Under COVID-19 Health Insurance For Family
Usually, COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for the following:
- In-Patient Treatment Expenses: If covered under a COVID-19 health insurance policy, you will be protected from medical expenses arising due to hospitalisation of more than 24 hours. These expenses include room rent, nursing, boarding expenses, Doctor’s/Consultants/Surgeon’s fee, ICU charges, medicines, related consumables, etc. Note that only medical expenses that are directly related to hospitalisation will be covered.
- Pre-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for expenses arising before hospitalisation. These expenses include OPD expenses, X-rays, medical tests, etc. Insurance companies offer cover for pre-hospitalisation expenses for a specific number of days, let’s say 30 days or 60 days.
- Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for expenses arising after hospitalisation as well. These expenses include visits to the doctor for follow-ups, expenses arising due to X-rays, other medical tests, etc. Insurance companies offer cover for post-hospitalisation expenses for a specific number of days, let’s say 60 days or 90 days.
- Daycare Procedures: Daycare procedures are those which require hospitalisation of less than 24 hours. Under COVID-19 health insurance plans for family, you get cover for such procedures, as listed in the policy document. For instance, radiotherapy, sinusitis, chemotherapy, etc.
- Domiciliary Hospitalisation: Domiciliary hospitalisation is when the treatment for an illness/disease/injury/sickness is taken at home that otherwise would have required hospitalisation. This may be due to several reasons, some of them being unavailability of beds in the hospital, or if the patient’s condition is such that he/she cannot be moved to a hospital. COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for domiciliary hospitalisation expenses.
- Organ Donor Expenses: Family health insurance policies for COVID-19 cover you for expenses arising due to harvesting the organ, wherein the insured is the recipient.
- Treatments Taken Under AYUSH Systems of Medicines: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for in-patient treatments taken under AYUSH systems of medicines. These are Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Yoga, Homeopathy.
- Dental Treatment if Necessitated Due to an Accident: Unlike most regular health insurance plans, COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover offer you cover for dental treatment if required due to an unfortunate event of an accident. The liability covered is specified in the policy wordings of a particular health insurance plan.
- Road Ambulance Expenses: COVID-19 health insurance plans for family cover you for road ambulance expenses arising due to transporting the patient to the nearest hospital. The road ambulance expenses are covered for up to a specific limit, as specified in the policy document.
Note that the coverage benefits may vary as per the COVID-19 health insurance policy. So, make sure to go through the policy wordings before purchasing any COVID-19 health insurance policy.
Exclusions Under COVID-19 Health Insurance Policy For Family
COVID-19 health insurance plans for family do not cover you for all healthcare expenses. Some of the exclusions under these plans are:
- Home Quarantine: COVID-19 health insurance policy does not cover you for expenses arising during home quarantine.
- Non-Recognised Quarantine Center: If you quarantine yourself at a non-recognised quarantine center, then you will not be covered for the expenses incurred.
- Pre-Existing Diseases: Until you complete the waiting period for pre-existing diseases, you will not be covered for any expenses incurred due to the same.
- Prenatal And Postnatal Expenses: Unless it leads to hospitalisation, you will not be covered for pre-natal and post-natal expenses under COVID-19 health insurance plans for family.
COVID-19 Health Insurance Plans For Family
Following are the COVID-19 health insurance plans for family:
- Corona Kavach Policy: Launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on 10 July 2020, Corona Kavach Policy is a standard health insurance policy. The policy comes at affordable premiums and offers cover for the expenses incurred due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Available for people aged between 18 years and 65 years, Corona Kavach is a short-term policy that can be purchased from several popular insurance companies. Some coverage benefits of the policy include home care treatment, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, AYUSH treatment expenses, hospitalisation expenses, etc. The policy comes with an optional cover of hospital daily cash with which you can avail cash benefit of 0.5% of the sum insured for every completed day of hospitalisation, up to a maximum of 15 days. Also, you can avail tax benefits on the premium paid for this policy, under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: Arogya Sanjeevani Policy is another standard health insurance policy launched by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) on 1 April 2020. Arogya Sanjeevani Policy can be purchased by people aged between 18 years and 65 years on an individual or on a family floater basis. On a floater basis, you can include a self, legally wedded spouse, dependent children, parents and parents-in-law by paying a single premium. The policy comes with a wide range of sum insured options between Rs. 1 Lakh and Rs. 5 Lakh in multiples of Rs. 50,000, that the insured can choose as per their requirements and budget. You can purchase the policy for a term of 1 year and avail several coverage benefits such as hospitalisation expenses, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, daycare expenses, AYUSH treatments, road ambulance expenses, new age treatments, etc.
How To Buy COVID-19 Health Insurance For Family At InsuranceDekho?
At InsuranceDekho, you can purchase COVID-19 health insurance plans for family in two ways, i.e. online mode and offline mode. To buy the plan online, you must follow the simple steps given below:
- Visit the official website of InsuranceDekho and select the health tab.
- Select your gender and enter your name and mobile number. You will receive an OTP on the given number. Kindly enter the same.
- Choose the time when you want to buy the policy and click on the ‘View Instant Quotes’ to proceed further.
- Select the family members you want to include under your COVID-19 health insurance policy for family.
- Select the age of the selected family members who you wish to add in the policy. Then click on ‘Continue’
- Select your Email ID and City in the next section and click on the ‘Submit and View Quotes’ button.
- You will see several health insurance plans as per your requirements. Select the one you wish to buy.
- Select the policy term. Pay the required health insurance premium online.
To buy the policy offline, you can contact the customer care executives at InsuranceDekho on the toll-free number 7551-196-989 and share your requirements.
Health Insurance Calculator
Whom do you want the insurance for ?
Select the age of all members
Where do you live ?
Choose required Coverage for yourself?
*Tax benefits are subject to changes in Income Tax Act.
Variety Of Health Insurance Plans
Health Insurance Terminologies
Buy Critical Illness Health Insurance
Learn more about covid health-insurance-for-family Health Insurance
5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India You Can Buy in 2020Choosing best health insurance policy may save your money during critical medical treatment. From a variety of health insurance plans in the market, choosing the most suitable one for you can be a tiresome task. This article contains details of best healt
Simple Ways To Spend Your Free Time During Corona Virus (COVID-19) LockdownWant to know how to spend time at home during coronavirus lockdown? Here are a few things you can indulge in and utilize your free time in a perfect manner.
Best Health Insurance Companies in Claim SettlementUnderstand the importance of health insurance claim settlement ratio. View list of 10 best health insurance companies with fast claim settlement process.
4 Health Insurance Plans for Pre-existing Disease Coverage in IndiaLooking for health insurance with pre-existing disease coverage? You are at the right place! To uncover your options, continue reading.
Best Dental Insurance Plans You can Buy Online in IndiaPurchasing dental health cover brings along many benefits. Read here to know best plans that offer dental insurance cover in India.
Best Cashless Health Insurance Policies in IndiaBuying cashless health insurance policy is the need of the hour. The article explains 5 best cashless health insurance policies in India. Read here.
Choose Best Health Insurance with OPD Cover TodayWant to save yourself from out-of-pocket medical expenses? Buy health insurance with OPD cover to make the most of your medical investment. To know why and how, read along.
5 Health Insurance Plans With Low Waiting Period for Pre-existing ConditionsCoverage for pre-existing conditions comes with a waiting period. When buying health insurance with PED cover, every individual should look for waiting period to make the ideal choice. To know more, read along.
OPD Expense Coverage: 5 Health Insurance Policies That Cover OPD ExpensesOPD Expense Coverage in Health Insurance Policy: Get to know the key benefits OPD Expense Coverage in health insurance.
Best Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plans in IndiaHealth insurance plans for senior citizens are designed to help seniors during their golden period of life. Read about the 5 best senior citizen health insurance plans here.
Buy Coronavirus Health Insurance Policy
Insurance Dekho Contact Details
Insurance Dekho755 1196 989Mon to Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Health Insurance Companies User Reviews
I have the Star Health Insurance Policy, which is a family health insurance plan, and it has been incredibly b...Read More
The Zuno Health Insurance Policy from InsuarnceDekho has the best premiums with awesome coverage. It's refresh...Read More
I recently had a medical emergency, and my National Health Insurance Policy came through for me. I had taken t...Read More
I recently switched my health insurance to the Niva Bupa Health Insurance Plan which I bought from InsuarnceDe...Read More
The Care Health Insurance Plan that I secured from the InsuarnceDekho has provided all the costs and benefits ...Read More
Health Insurance News
World Hypertension Day 2023: Risk Factors For Hype...
Knowing the risk factors for hypertension can help you live ...15 May 2023
Which Company Is Best in Health Insurance?
Want to invest in health insurance? Read this article to fin...10 May 2023
All About International No Diet Day 2023
Listed below are the things you should know about Internatio...04 May 2023
Can a 75-Year-Old Get Health Insurance?
Wondering if a 75-year-old can get health insurance? The ans...03 May 2023
Things To Know About Niva Bupa Health Insurance
Here are some of the things that you should Niva Bupa Health...02 May 2023