- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner is mandatorily required to have at least third party car insurance. A third party car insurance is the most basic type of car insurance plan. The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan shields you against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries/death of a third party as well as third party property damage which might be caused in an unfortunate event by your car.
The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan helps you fulfill the statutory insurance requirement as well as insures you against the uncertain third party financial liabilities.
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance vs Comprehensive car Insurance
Third Party car
It provides coverage for the financial obligations towards third party liabilities only.
It provides coverage for the third party liabilities as well as own damages of the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
It is mandatory by law.
It is not a mandatory requirement.
No add-ons can be availed with this plan.
A variety of add-on covers can be opted with this plan
The premium of third party insurance is relatively lower due to its limited coverage.
The comprehensive policy is relatively expensive due to its wider coverage.
What All is Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Edelweiss Third Party car insurance provides coverage for the following.
- Financial Liabilities towards third party property damage: The insurer undertakes the financial liabilities towards the third party property damage incurred due to the insured’s car. The coverage for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Bodily Injuries/ loss of life of third party: A compensation is provided by the insurer for the bodily injury, disability or loss of life of a third party caused due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount in such cases is decided by a court of law.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to make a third-party car insurance claim from Edelweiss.
- Go through this article to take a note of the things roadside assistance cover by Edelweiss General Insurance.
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Experience with Insurancedekho
Its a good experience. The person interacted with, provided the accurate details and is knowledgeable person. ...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need third party car insurance?
You need to purchase a third party car insurance for the following reasons.
- It is mandatory under Indian Motor Tariff. If you do not purchase third party insurance, you will be penalized by a fine of ₹2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
- It helps you to deal with the financial losses of the third party damage in case of an accident or any other mishap.
Can I extend the coverage of a third party car insurance plan?
No, you cannot extend the coverage of a third party car insurance insurance.
Does the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover injuries to me or damage to my car?
No, the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover does not cover injuries to you or damage to your car. To cover yourself against the injuries, you can opt for a Personal Accident Cover and for a cover for damages to your car, you can opt for a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How much compensation is offered by Edelweiss General Insurance in case of death of a third party?
Edelweiss General Insurance offers 100% of the compensation amount in case of a third party’s death due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- Why and How is a Car Insurance Background Check Pe...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially pr...24 May 2022
- List Of Documents Required For Car Insurance Renew...
The paperwork needed to complete an automobile insurance ren...24 May 2022
- Difference Between A Driver's And A Passenger's Co...
Know the difference between a driver's and a passenger's cov...23 May 2022
- Variety Of Car Insurance Plans Provided By Kotak G...
Let's look at the many sorts of automobile insurance policie...23 May 2022
- Advantages Of Cashless Car Insurance
When shopping for vehicle insurance, you should opt for a co...22 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Should I Do If I Get Into A Car Accident?
Do you want to know what to do if you are involved in a vehi...27 March 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- What Are Some Ways To Save Money On Car Insurance?
How to Save Money on Car Insurance. Read this article to dis...26 March 2022