Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner is mandatorily required to have at least a third party car insurance. A third party car insurance is the most basic type of car insurance plan. The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan shields you against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries/death of a third party as well as third party property damage which might be caused in an unfortunate event by your car.
The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan helps you fulfill the statutory insurance requirement as well as insures you against the uncertain third party financial liabilities.
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance vs Comprehensive car Insurance
Third Party car
It provides coverage for the financial obligations towards third party liabilities only.
It provides coverage for the third party liabilities as well as own damages of the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
It is mandatory by law.
It is not a mandatory requirement.
No add-ons can be availed with this plan.
A variety of add-on covers can be opted with this plan
The premium of third party insurance is relatively lower due to its limited coverage.
The comprehensive policy is relatively expensive due to its wider coverage.
What All is Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Edelweiss Third Party car insurance provides coverage for the following.
- Financial Liabilities towards third party property damage: The insurer undertakes the financial liabilities towards the third party property damage incurred due to the insured’s car. The coverage for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Bodily Injuries/ loss of life of third party: A compensation is provided by the insurer for the bodily injury, disability or loss of life of a third party caused due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount in such cases is decided by a court of law.
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read More
- Read More
- Read More
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
439 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need third party car insurance?
You need to purchase a third party car insurance for the following reasons.
- It is mandatory under Indian Motor Tariff. If you do not purchase third party insurance, you will be penalized by a fine of ₹2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
- It helps you to deal with the financial losses of the third party damage in case of an accident or any other mishap.
Can I extend the coverage of a third party car insurance plan?
No, you cannot extend the coverage of a third party car insurance insurance.
Does the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover injuries to me or damage to my car?
No, the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover does not cover injuries to you or damage to your car. To cover yourself against the injuries, you can opt for a Personal Accident Cover and for a cover for damages to your car, you can opt for a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How much compensation is offered by Edelweiss General Insurance in case of death of a third party?
Edelweiss General Insurance offers 100% of the compensation amount in case of a third party’s death due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
Why to Buy Car Insurance Policy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy# within 5 mins
- More than 11.5 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Latest Car Insurance News
- Reasons Why You Need Car Insurance For Autonomous ...
Autonomous vehicles may get you excited with each new car be...17 August 2020
- Top Car Insurance Companies Providing Personal Acc...
On the basis of Health Insurance Claim settlement ratio, her...30 April 2020
- Cashless Car Insurance Policy Usefulness
What is cashless motor insurance all about? Let’s get into t...27 April 2020
- Types of Car Insurance Policies in India
Let’s explore about car insurance policy types in India. Aft...24 April 2020
- Return to Invoice Add-On Cover For Car Insurance
Explore return to invoice add-on cover in Car Insurance in ...23 April 2020
- Know What is NCB in Car Insurance Online India
All You Need To Know About No Claim Bonus On Car Insurance O...22 April 2020