- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner is mandatorily required to have at least third party car insurance. A third party car insurance is the most basic type of car insurance plan. The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan shields you against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries/death of a third party as well as third party property damage which might be caused in an unfortunate event by your car.
The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan helps you fulfill the statutory insurance requirement as well as insures you against the uncertain third party financial liabilities.
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance vs Comprehensive car Insurance
Third Party car
It provides coverage for the financial obligations towards third party liabilities only.
It provides coverage for the third party liabilities as well as own damages of the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
It is mandatory by law.
It is not a mandatory requirement.
No add-ons can be availed with this plan.
A variety of add-on covers can be opted with this plan
The premium of third party insurance is relatively lower due to its limited coverage.
The comprehensive policy is relatively expensive due to its wider coverage.
What All is Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Edelweiss Third Party car insurance provides coverage for the following.
- Financial Liabilities towards third party property damage: The insurer undertakes the financial liabilities towards the third party property damage incurred due to the insured’s car. The coverage for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Bodily Injuries/ loss of life of third party: A compensation is provided by the insurer for the bodily injury, disability or loss of life of a third party caused due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount in such cases is decided by a court of law.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Edelweiss Car Insurance
- Read this article to know how to make a third-party car insurance claim from Edelweiss.
- Go through this article to take a note of the things roadside assistance cover by Edelweiss General Insurance.
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Excellent support renewal completed within minutes. There was a payment stuck which was also refunded in a day...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need third party car insurance?
You need to purchase a third party car insurance for the following reasons.
- It is mandatory under Indian Motor Tariff. If you do not purchase third party insurance, you will be penalized by a fine of ₹2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
- It helps you to deal with the financial losses of the third party damage in case of an accident or any other mishap.
Can I extend the coverage of a third party car insurance plan?
No, you cannot extend the coverage of a third party car insurance insurance.
Does the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover injuries to me or damage to my car?
No, the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover does not cover injuries to you or damage to your car. To cover yourself against the injuries, you can opt for a Personal Accident Cover and for a cover for damages to your car, you can opt for a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How much compensation is offered by Edelweiss General Insurance in case of death of a third party?
Edelweiss General Insurance offers 100% of the compensation amount in case of a third party’s death due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- What Is KP In Car Insurance?
Learn more about KP in car insurance.26 September 2022
- List of Top Car Insurance Companies In India
Your search for top car insurance companies ends here. This ...23 September 2022
- All You Need To Know About The Risks Covered By Th...
Here's everything you need to know about risks covered by co...21 September 2022
- Easy Steps For Renewing Expired Car Insurance Poli...
Here are a few tips to help you understand how to renew car ...19 September 2022
- Detailed Guide On How To Claim A Car Insurance Onl...
Unfortunate things happen. An insurance plan can be a ray of...16 September 2022
- Can I Claim Insurance For Car Scratches In India?
Know all about how to claim insurance for car scratches in I...19 August 2022
- What Should You Know About Bharat Series License P...
In order to ease seamless vehicle transfers, the Transport M...02 August 2022
- Is It Mandatory To File An Fir Before Claiming For...
In case of any car accident, the major question is if an FIR...16 August 2022
- Which is Better: Acko Or Hdfc Ergo?
There are several types of car insurance plans available in...22 August 2022
- Learn Everything You Can About Public EV Charging ...
Are you thinking of buying an electric vehicle? What you nee...01 August 2022