Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every car owner is mandatorily required to have at least third party car insurance. A third party car insurance is the most basic type of car insurance plan. The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan shields you against third party liabilities such as bodily injuries/death of a third party as well as third party property damage which might be caused in an unfortunate event by your car.
The Edelweiss Third Party car insurance plan helps you fulfill the statutory insurance requirement as well as insures you against the uncertain third party financial liabilities.
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance vs Comprehensive car Insurance
Third Party car
It provides coverage for the financial obligations towards third party liabilities only.
It provides coverage for the third party liabilities as well as own damages of the insured’s car.
Nature of Requirement
It is mandatory by law.
It is not a mandatory requirement.
No add-ons can be availed with this plan.
A variety of add-on covers can be opted with this plan
The premium of third party insurance is relatively lower due to its limited coverage.
The comprehensive policy is relatively expensive due to its wider coverage.
- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
What All is Covered Under Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Edelweiss Third Party car insurance provides coverage for the following.
- Financial Liabilities towards third party property damage: The insurer undertakes the financial liabilities towards the third party property damage incurred due to the insured’s car. The coverage for third party property damage is limited to Rs. 7.5 lakh.
- Bodily Injuries/ loss of life of third party: A compensation is provided by the insurer for the bodily injury, disability or loss of life of a third party caused due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount in such cases is decided by a court of law.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Edelweiss Car Insurance
Edelweiss Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
Good support for policy renewal by Loknath. He patiently explained all the queries and pros and cons of each p...
438 Edelweiss Cashless Garages in India
Edelweiss Third Party car Insurance FAQs
Why do I need third party car insurance?
You need to purchase a third party car insurance for the following reasons.
- It is mandatory under Indian Motor Tariff. If you do not purchase third party insurance, you will be penalized by a fine of ₹2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
- It helps you to deal with the financial losses of the third party damage in case of an accident or any other mishap.
Can I extend the coverage of a third party car insurance plan?
No, you cannot extend the coverage of a third party car insurance insurance.
Does the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover injuries to me or damage to my car?
No, the Edelweiss Third Party Car Insurance Plan cover does not cover injuries to you or damage to your car. To cover yourself against the injuries, you can opt for a Personal Accident Cover and for a cover for damages to your car, you can opt for a comprehensive or standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
How much compensation is offered by Edelweiss General Insurance in case of death of a third party?
Edelweiss General Insurance offers 100% of the compensation amount in case of a third party’s death due to the insured’s car. The compensation amount is decided by a court of law.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- How To Buy New Car Insurance Online?
In order to purchase a car insurance plan online, you need ...02 February 2023
- How to Get the Best Car Insurance Quote?
Read on for a detailed guide on how to get the best car insu...01 February 2023
- 10 Must-have Accessories To Have When Going On A L...
Read on to know all about these car accessories for long dri...31 January 2023
- Guide To Choose The Right Car Insurance Plan
Read on to learn more about how to easily choose the right c...30 January 2023
- NOC process in car insurance
Read on to understand all about the NOC process in car insur...27 January 2023