Bharti Axa Zero Depreciation Add-On
Depreciation is the decrease in the value of a commodity due to wear and tear over time. The value of your car also decreases with time due to depreciation. At the time of settlement of a car insurance claim, the cost of depreciation of the car is borne by the policyholder and not by the insurance company. However, you can do away with the liability of bearing the cost of your car’s depreciation by purchasing a zero depreciation cover. It can be added to the Bharti AXA comprehensive car insurance by paying an extra premium.
By opting for the Bharti AXA zero depreciation cover you can protect yourself from paying the cost of depreciation applicable on all parts of your vehicle.
Benefits of Bharti AXA Zero Depreciation Add-on
- Higher Claim Amounts: Standard comprehensive car insurance takes depreciation into account while settling the claim. Adding zero depreciation cover to regular insurance policy helps you claim amount without getting the cost of depreciation deducted from it. Thus, you can get higher claim amounts with Bharti AXA zero depreciation cover.
- Extensive Coverage: The Bharti AXA zero depreciation cover extends the coverage of your insurance policy by taking into account the liability of applicable depreciation on your car and its parts.
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Car Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Age of Car
Rate of Depreciation
|Under 6 months||Nil|
|6 months to 1 year||5%|
|Above 10 years||50%|
Depreciation Rate Applicable on Different Parts of Car Without Zero Depreciation Cover
Part of Car
|Paint work /Rubber/nylon/ plastic parts, tires and tubes, batteries and airbags parts||50%|
|Fibre glass parts||30%|
Conditions of Bharti AXA Zero Depreciation Add-on Cover
- This cover is available for cars that are up to 5 years of age.
- Policyholders can file a maximum of two claims during the tenure of the policy.
- The premium of the policy is evaluated based on the age and model of the car as well as the geographical location from which the policy is being registered.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance User Reviews
476 Bharti Axa Cashless Garages in India
Bharti AXA Zero Depreciation Cover FAQs
I have a 7-year-old car insured with a comprehensive policy, can I opt for a zero depreciation cover at the time of renewal?
Can I avail a zero depreciation add-on cover in between the tenure period of my policy?
No, Bharti AXA Zero Depreciation Add-on cover can be availed only at the time of purchase of the insurance policy or at the time of renewal.
What are the items not covered under the zero depreciation add on?
Items like bi-fuel kit, engine, consumables and uninformed modified accessories are not covered under zero depreciation add-on. The benefits of zero depreciation are not applicable in case of Constructive Total Loss, Total Loss and theft.
How much do I need to pay in order to avail Zero Depreciation?
In order to purchase a Bharti AXA Zero Depreciation cover, you will need to pay an extra premium along with the standard comprehensive car insurance policy premium. The premium of this add-on cover is evaluated on the basis of factors such as car’s age, variant and model, IDV etc. You can call on the toll-free number 1800-103-2292 or visit the official Bharti AXA website for further details.