- Save upto 75%*Lowest Car Premiums
- 11.5 Lakh+Happy Customers
- Claim Support7 days a week
*TP price for less than 1000cc four-wheeler. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. Terms and conditions apply
Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage Car Insurance Policy
A standalone own-damage insurance policy provides a layer of protection for the car by giving compensation for own-damage costs in case of a mishap. The Bharti AXA's own-damage insurance cover offers compensation for damage for a wide variety of situations including road accidents, natural calamities, man-made calamities, fires, explosions, acts of vandalism, and theft. Purchasing an own-damage cover is not obligatory like third-party insurance. However, considering the protection it provides and the financial stability it offers for the policyholder most people consider it a prudent thing to buy.
Standalone Own-Damage Insurance V/S Third Party Insurance V/S Comprehensive Insurance
Bharti AXA Third Party Insurance
Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage
Bharti AXA Comprehensive Insurance
Bharti AXA’s third-party insurance offers coverage for third-party liabilities only including bodily injuries, death, and property damage.
Bharti AXA’s own-damage insurance offers coverage for own-damage costs in a wide variety of situations.
Bharti AXA’s comprehensive insurance plan offers all-around protection for your car. It offers protection for both own-damage costs and third-party liabilities under a single premium.
The Bharti AXA third-party car insurance does not offer add-on covers to policyholders.
The Bharti AXA standalone own-damage car insurance offers a number of add-on covers for their policyholders.
The Bharti AXA comprehensive insurance plans offer several add-on covers for their insurance holders.
Bharti AXA’s third party insurance is the most basic cover available for cars hence is also the cheapest.
Bharti AXA’s standalone own-damage insurance offers wider coverage than the third-party insurance covers and hence is relatively costlier than it.
Bharti AXA’s comprehensive car insurance plan is the most expensive of the three as it accommodates both own-damage costs and third party liabilities within its premium.
What is Covered Under Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects covered by the Bharti AXA Standalone own-damage car insurance policy:
- Road accidents that damage the car.
- Fires or explosions that damage the car.
- Theft or total loss of the car.
- Damage caused due to a natural or manmade disaster.
What is Not Covered Under Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Following are the aspects which are not covered by the Bharti AXA standalone own-damage car insurance policy:
- Breakdowns that happen due to electrical or mechanical failures.
- Any mishaps that involve some form of illegal driving.
- Depreciation of the vehicle
- Any unfortunate event that occurs outside the geographical limits mentioned in the policy.
Benefits of Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage Policy
Following are the benefits of purchasing a Bharti AXA standalone own-damage insurance cover:
- Provides a layer of protection for both the car and the policyholder for a wide range of scenarios.
- Insurance holders are eligible to receive No Claim Bonus for the claim-free years as a reward. This reward is cumulative going up to 50% in the fifth consecutive year.
- Bharti AXA offers a range of add-on covers to choose from along with their standalone own-damage covers.
How To Purchase Bharti AXA Standalone Own-Damage Policy?
Below mentioned are steps to follow to purchase a Bharti AXA standalone own-damage car insurance policy:
Step 1: Visit our website InsuranceDekho. On the top left corner of the home page select the ‘car insurance option. Next select ‘Standalone Own Damage’ from the options visible on the drop-down menu.
Step 2: Enter your car’s registration number in the provided section. In case you do not have this information you can also enter the car’s make, model and year of registration.
Step 3: Next enter your personal details, i.e., your name and mobile number. Once you have entered all the required information click the ‘Submit and Get Quotes’ button.
Step 4: All the quotes from the different insurance providers for standalone own-damage covers in your category will be visible on the screen. Select the one being offered by Bharti AXA. If you want to purchase any add-on covers you can choose them at this stage.
Step 5: Pay for the select Bharti AXA standalone own-damage car insurance and the insurance policy document will be sent to your registered email ID.
Calculate Your Car Insurance
Explore Bharti Axa Car Insurance
Must Read Articles before buying Bharti Axa Car Insurance
- Read this article to know all about Bharti AXA car insurance add-on covers.
- Read this article to get easy steps on purchasing your car insurance with Bharti AXA General Insurance.
- Read this article to find out the top features of car insurance from Bharti AXA General Insurance along with its benefits.
- How can I check my car insurance status? let's learn.
- Are you looking to buy an appropriate car insurance policy when you reach 30’s? Read the whole article.
Bharti AXA Car Insurance User Reviews
- Most Helpful
- Cashless Garages
- Add On
618 Bharti Axa Cashless Garages in India
Bharti AXA Car Insurance Own Damage FAQs
How is the premium calculated for Bharti AXA own damage insurance?
The premium for Bharti AXA own damage insurance is calculated based upon factors such as:
- Model and Make of the car
- Age and IDV of car
- Profession and car owner’s age
- Add-on cover
- Installed safety equipment
- Registration location of car
What does Bharti AXA Own damage not cover?
The Bharti AXA own damage insurance does not offer coverage for the following:
- Damage to car by driver, who does not have a valid driving license
- Damages caused because of nuclear attack or war
- Depreciation of vehicle’s value
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown of the car
- Damage or loss to third party property or person in an accident
- Damage to car while driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
What are the documents required to make an Own Damage Claim?
You need the following list of documents:
- FIR Report
- Insurance policy copy
- Driver’s license copy
- Car RC
- Repair estimate
- Certificate of No Claim
- Photos and other proofs of the incident
- No claim certificate
Is it compulsory to purchase Own damage insurance for my car?
No, purchasing an own damage insurance is not mandated by law. However, as per Indian Motor Tariff act, it is necessary to buy a third party liability insurance for your car.
What all is covered in Bharti AXA own damage insurance?
Bharti AXA own damage insurance provides coverage against damage to car due to accident,or any mishap, theft of own car, etc.
Why to buy from InsuranceDekho?
- Instant policy # within 5 mins
- More than 45 Lac happy customers
- Claim Support available all 7 days of the week
Car Insurance News
- In India, Why And How Is A Car Insurance Backgroun...
Motorists benefit from car insurance since it financially p...28 May 2022
- Renewal of Vehicle Insurance in 5 Easy Steps
Are you thinking of renewing your insurance policy? In 5 sim...27 May 2022
- Is It Possible To Include Your GST Number In Your...
Is it possible to include your GST number in your car insura...27 May 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About Car Insurance's...
Here's everything you need to know about vehicle insurance'...26 May 2022
- Why Should You Purchase Long-Term Car Insurance?
Long-term or multi-year car insurance policies allow policyh...26 May 2022
- The Advantages of Buying HDFC ERGO Car Insurance O...
In the market, HDFC ERGO offers a wide range of products.04 April 2022
- What Is IDV and How Does It Work?
The IDV Calculator is an online tool that determines the mar...30 March 2022
- Some Car Insurance Add-On Covers to Think About
Car insurance add-ons are available from one insurer to the ...02 April 2022
- CNG Kit Installation: Everything You Need to Know
Before you install a CNG kit in your vehicle, there are seve...31 March 2022
- IDV In Automobile Insurance: The Fundamentals
Purchasing auto insurance is a long-term commitment.07 April 2022