Which bike do you ride?
How to Buy Bike Insurance Online?
- Fill Your Bike Details
Provide your bike details such as the make, model, etc, and get insurance quotes instantly from top bike insurance companies.
- Compare Bike Insurance Quotes
From all the available bike insurance premium quotes, select the one which suits your budget & requirements in the best manner.
- Make Payment Online
Pay the bike insurance premium for the selected plan online and you are done!
Add-ons For Your Bike Insurance Policy
- Zero Depreciation
Like other assets, the value of your bike also depreciates constantly with time and the liability of this expense by default rests with the policyholder. A zero depreciation add-on protects you against the depreciation expenses incurred by your bike. Thus, if you opt for a zero depreciation cover, depreciation expense of your bike is not deducted from your claim amount at the time of a claim settlement. This add-on is available with comprehensive bike insurance plans as well as standalone bike insurance plans. This is one of the most popular and recommended bike insurance add-on covers.
- Invoice Protection
In case of total loss (more than 70% damage) or theft of your bike, the insurance company pays you the Insured Declared Value of your bike as compensation. However, this Insured Declared Value (IDV) is less than the invoice price which you pay at the time of purchasing your bike. The Invoice Protection add-on cover helps you claim the Invoice Price, i.e. total ex-showroom price of your bike plus taxes plus registration charges, of your bike in case of total loss or theft of your bike.
- NCB Cover
No Claim Bonus is the reward which is given to the policyholder for not making any claim during the policy period. This reward is offered by the insurer in the form of a discount on the own-damage premium of the bike insurance policy at the time of policy renewal. The NCB ranges from 20% to 50% of the own-damage premium depending on the number of claim-free years. However, if you make even a single claim during the policy period this NCB gets lost. But, with the NCB Cover, you can keep your NCB intact even after making a claim during the policy period.
- Engine Protection Cover
The damages incurred by the engine of the bike are by default not covered under a bike insurance policy. However, if you opt for an Engine Protection Cover, the insurer will be liable to compensate you for damages incurred by the engine of your bike such as damage due to leakage of lubricants, water ingress, hydrostatic lock, damaged gearbox, broken crankshafts or pistons and cylinders. The repair cost of the internal engine parts is often high and can sum up to thousands of rupees or more. Thus, addition of this add-on to your comprehensive or standalone bike insurance policy can save you from these expenses.
Bike Insurance Benefits at InsuranceDekho
- 5 Minutes Policy Issuance
Why spend hours and days in queues filling up the paperwork for bike insurance policy. The entire process from entering your bike details to finalising your policy and getting it issued takes only 5 minutes on InsuranceDekho.
- Over 3 Lakh Policies Sold
A transparent and quick process, choice of numerous insurers, along with a dedicated team of experts make InsuranceDekho a trusted choice for many insurance buyers. More than 2 lakh happy customers are a testament to the same.
- Dedicated Support Team
Feel free to reach out to our dedicated bike insurance team of experts, in case of any confusion. Be it buying your insurance policy, or support required incase of claim, our team of experts is at your service 7 days a week.
Find Right Quotes for Bikes by Body Type
- View TVS Jupiter Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Activa 6G Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Dio Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Activa 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Access 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS XL100 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS NTORQ 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha Fascino 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha YZF R15 V3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 220 F Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 200 Insurance Quotes →
- View Yamaha FZS-FI V3 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Apache RR 310 Insurance Quotes →
- View KTM RC 125 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Classic 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Insurance Quotes →
- View Jawa Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 Insurance Quotes →
- View Jawa Perak Insurance Quotes →
- View Jawa 42 Insurance Quotes →
- View Suzuki Intruder Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Splendor Plus Insurance Quotes →
- View Bajaj Pulsar 150 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero HF Deluxe Insurance Quotes →
- View TVS Apache RTR 160 Insurance Quotes →
- View Honda Shine Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Glamour Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Passion Pro 110 Insurance Quotes →
- View Hero Super Splendor Insurance Quotes →
Customer's Speak2238 Reviews
- I got my SBI bike insurance policy that I bought for my Hero Maestro Edge 125 bike renewed instantly at InsuranceDekho platform. Getting my plan renewed in no time was an extraordinary experience for me.Harsh SampatSbi10th July, 2020
- InsuranceDekho platform provided me with amazing quotes of two-wheelers from which I chose Raheja QBE bike insurance plan for my Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 bike. I got the insurance policy at reasonable prices.Gaurav SinghalRaheja Qbe10th July, 2020
- I purchased a Magma bike insurance plan from InsuranceDekho portal. I made a claim request for my Hero HF Deluxe bike and got it quickly settled with the assistance of InsuranceDekho executives. Thanks to their entire team.Aditya MehtaMagma10th July, 2020
- The InsuranceDekho platform helped me find Edelweiss bike insurance policy for my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350X bike in no time. I am extremely happy with their prompt policy issuance service.Rohan TanejaEdelweiss10th July, 2020
- InsuranceDekho offers me multiple choices to pay for United India bike insurance policy. The secured and swift payment gateways of the platform help me buy and renew the plan for my TVS Radeon bike.Chandan MishraUnited India10th July, 2020
- The InsuranceDekho team has been offering me excellent support and assistance for the last 2 years for Oriental insurance plan. They always give great advice, which helps me secure my Suzuki Intruder bike.Yogesh SharmaOriental10th July, 2020
- The InsuranceDekho team advised me to buy Cholamandalam bike insurance cover as it possesses a range of network garages across the nation. The wide network of garages helped me repair my Yamaha FZS-FI V3 bike at an unknown place.Ishant RathorCholamandalam10th July, 2020
- With InsuranceDekho, I could get my Acko insurance policy renewed by following just 2 steps in a few minutes. This is the best way I could renew my policy that I bought for my Bajaj Pulsar NS200 bike.Yasir AhmedAcko10th July, 2020
- I got my claim for National insurance settled in very less time which I purchased for my Royal Enfield Classic 350 bike. The executives of InsuranceDekho helped me a lot with the claim settlement process.Jai KapoorNational10th July, 2020
- I bought a Universal Sompo insurance policy to cover my Honda X Blade bike from InsuranceDekho platform. The portal offered me a wide range of add-on covers for the insurance plan with which the coverage of my policy got enhanced.Ranjeet KumarUniversal Sompo10th July, 2020
What is Bike Insurance?
Bike insurance is an agreement between a bike owner and an insurance company wherein the latter promises to protect the former’s bike from unforeseen financial losses arising from unexpected events such as a road accident, theft, fire, natural calamities, vandalism and other such scenarios. In return for this promise, the bike owner pays an amount known as bike insurance premium to the insurance company.There are three types of bike insurance - Third Party bike Insurance Policy, Comprehensive bike Insurance Policy and Standalone Own-Damage bike Insurance Policy. As per the Indian Motor Tariff, every bike owner in India is mandatorily required to own at least a third party bike insurance policy. Driving a bike without an active third party bike insurance policy is a legal offence punishable with a fine of Rs. 2,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 months.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A comprehensive bike insurance policy is a cover under which the insurance company is liable to pay for damages caused to the third party property and life (including death) by the insured’s bike as well as for the own damages sustained by the insured’s bike. In addition to road accidents, the plan covers damages incurred during natural calamities, man-made disasters, fire, explosion, self-ignition or lightning, theft, terrorist activity, damage in transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, elevator as well as air. A policyholder can extend the coverage of a comprehensive bike insurance plan with the help of add-on covers such as zero depreciation cover, engine cover, roadside assistance cover, lost key, etc.
Third Party Bike Insurance
As per the Indian Motor Tariff, a third party insurance policy is a mandatory requirement if you want to drive a bike in India. Under this cover, the insurance company insures the policyholder against the third party liabilities such as bodily injuries, permanent/temporary liability, total/partial liability, as well as death of the third party caused by an accident involving the insured’s bike. The third party policy also provides coverage for property damage incurred by the third party up to Rs. 1 lakh. The plan does not provide coverage for own damages incurred by the insured’s bike. For the extensive coverage, you can buy a comprehensive bike insurance policy.
Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance Policy
Under Standalone Own-Damage Bike Insurance plan, you get insurance coverage only for the own-damages sustained by your bike in a road accident, natural/man-made calamity, fire, explosion, theft or any other mishap. A standalone own-damage bike insurance policy aims at offering you the flexibility in terms of the insurer you want to choose. In order to stay compliant with the rules of the Indian Motor Tariff, you need to purchase a third party bike insurance policy either from the same insurance company or a different one.
Bike Insurance FAQs
How is a two-wheeler insurance premium calculated?
������ Two-wheeler insurance is primarily of two types - third party and comprehensive. The premium for the former is decided by IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) and is calculated on the basis of the two-wheeler’s engine capacity (CC). In a comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy, the insurance provider takes many other factors like the two-wheeler’s make, model and variant, age of the bike, and RTO location into consideration while calculating a two-wheeler’s insurance premium.
Is two-wheeler insurance compulsory to ride a bike in India?
������ Yes, there are no two ways about it! According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for all vehicles plying on Indian roads to have a liability cover. Third-party injuries or damages will be payable by the insurance company in case of a genuine claim, in compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance company.
What are the most popular add-on covers for two wheeler insurance?
������ Add-ons are available to maximise coverage and broaden the scope of protection. In a bike policy, you can choose from a vast selection of add-ons ranging from zero depreciation, NCB protection cover, return to invoice, rider personal accident cover, consumables cover, roadside assistance cover and driver cover.
What are the various types of Bike insurance policies available?
������ Typically, there are two types of Bike insurances policies to choose from – a third party liability policy and a comprehensive insurance policy.
How long is a bike insurance policy valid for?
������ Traditionally, a two-wheeler insurance policy is valid for a year from the date of issuance. However, if you have opted for a multi-year or a long-term bike policy, the tenure extends.
When should you renew your bike insurance policy?
������ Bike insurance policy renewal is a process that depends on the selected tenure. To avoid unnecessary troubles, you must renew your policy before it expires.
How to proceed with a bike insurance claim?
������ Call your insurance company and inform about your claim. You can either choose for a cashless claim settlement option or settle for reimbursements post a claim.
*Standard T&C Apply. All savings/offers are provided by the Insurers which are subject to modification. For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure of respective insurers carefully before concluding a sale. Girnar Insurance Brokers Private Limited, 4th Floor, Tower B, Emaar Digital Greens, Golf Course Extension Road, Sector-61, Gurugram-122102, Haryana. IRDAI License no 588. Direct Broker (General Insurance) valid till 19th March 2023. Email -firstname.lastname@example.org.